• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! MAD and EC "Stuff" A lot of history and just plain fun "Stuff"!
1 1

110 posts in this topic

SOLD!

OK, let post some "Stuff"...

Fanfare Magazine #1 (Formerly Graphic Story Magazine Spring 1977

Nice 8 page interview with Al Feldstein, profusely illustrated with photos and art. Article on EC Panic, "Walter Winchell and the great EC Raid", a nice feature on Linda Carter and Wonder Woman and other comic related features.

$15.

fanfare1.jpeg

fanfare2.jpeg

fanfare3.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

"Fink along with MAD" Record Album. Scarcer promo edition. 

Loaded with classics including "It's a Gas" and other ditties circa early '60's.

Comes in Arista sleeve and marked for "promotional use only" Record show wear and small scratches but doesn't look too bad. I have not played it though.

Was $20.

Now $15.

recordalbumFINK1.jpeg

recordalbumFINK2.jpeg

recordalbumFINK3.jpeg

recordalbumFINK4jpeg.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 9/16/2023 at 6:26 PM, Robot Man said:

OK, let post some "Stuff"...

Fanfare Magazine #1 (Formerly Graphic Story Magazine Spring 1977

Nice 8 page interview with Al Feldstein, profusely illustrated with photos and art. Article on EC Panic, "Walter Winchell and the great EC Raid", a nice feature on Linda Carter and Wonder Woman and other comic related features.

$15.

fanfare1.jpeg

fanfare2.jpeg

fanfare3.jpeg

Take

SOLD!

S Q U A  T R O N T #4 1970

Ingals cover, Nice Kurtzman feature, Johnny Crain interview. Lots of unpublished art and cool features.

Some minor edge wear and tips or cover are slightly bent. Bought by me, read a couple times.

$45.

squatront4a.jpeg

squatront4b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 9/16/2023 at 6:48 PM, Robot Man said:

S Q U A  T R O N T #4 1970

Ingals cover, Nice Kurtzman feature, Johnny Crain interview. Lots of unpublished art and cool features.

Some minor edge wear and tips or cover are slightly bent. Bought by me, read a couple times.

$45.

squatront4a.jpeg

squatront4b.jpeg

Take

On 9/13/2023 at 6:48 PM, Robot Man said:

I got a few of these T-Shirts I will be listing in a trade with a friend that bought out the Graphitii warehouse when they folded. These are old un-sold stock and have never been worn. This one is size XL.

Brown shirt with Alfred E Neuman and says the famous "What Me Worry? on front.

$25. (can be sent inexpensively in a padded envelope)

shirtmadbrown.jpeg

take if available 

MAD Trading Car yellow set 1992

This is a slightly indented box, 24 opened foil packs and 135 mint cards (give or take). There are some duplicates and I doubt a complete set. A nice start at least and very cool to see so many old MAD covers. Even has #1

$25.

madstickerboxyellow.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Collectible MAD book 1992 by Grant Giessman

The seminal guide to collecting everything EC and MAD. Grant left no stone unturned. Has a lot of help from Bill Gaines and all the bigger MAD/EC collectors at the time. There is even a ton of stuff courtesy of yours truly! Grant and I spent a wonderful day at the junk house going through and photographing a ton of my stuff. There was a lot of "where did you get this?" and "I've never seen that before" just as there was when I've been to his place. A must have book!

$25. (can be sent media mail to save postage if the buyer decides to do so)

collectibilitymad1.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Big lot of EC related stuff!

Large oversize Tales from the Crypt #1 Russ Cochran reprint

The Comics Journal #81 1983 Extensive 28 page Bill Gaines interview with photos and illustrations

The Comics Journal #177 1995 Separate long interviews with Feldstein, Elder and George Evans profusely illustrated with photos and art

The Monster Times newspaper 1972 EC tribute issue

Graphic Story Magazine #16 1974 Mark evener EC tribute story, articles on Wolverton and Howard Nostrand

Dyna Pubs (The Buyer's Guide) Flashback #1 1971 with EC reprinted stories (spine is a little bug damaged.

TV LA Times TV guide June 1990 Cover story on the Tales from the Crypt TV show

Russ Cochran 1983 illustrated product Guide

LOTS of history and information here 

Was $60. for the lot

Now $45. for the lot!

EClot1.jpeg

EClot2.jpeg

EClot3.jpeg

EClot4a.jpeg

EClot4b.jpeg

EClot5.jpeg

EClot6.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Nice lot of MAD stuff

The Journal of MADNESS #1,6 and 7 1997-199 great fanzines by MAD collector John Hett. #1 is b/w printed on heavy stock. #6-7 are glossy and color. These are packed with MAD lore, and information.Interviews, photos, odd MAD memorabilia ect. Very cool to MAD Fans!

MAD collector of the highest caliber"s "MAD and Artifacts" collection of Mark Cohen. From a traveling set of exhibitions in 1991 and 1992

Boomer Collectibles Magazine 1993 with an extensive article on all the cool items offered in the Magazine during the "glory days". Lots of great info. Added bonus, one of my favorites, Rayguns from Outer Space!

Look Magazine March 1968 article on MAD entitled "The MAD Miracle" (a different copy than I posted earlier)

Today's Collector June 1996 "Cashing in on MAD" article (among many others) on more MAD memorabilia. Lots of interesting stuff including one of my favorites, Pre-MAD memorbilia

Was $35. for the lot

Now $25. for the lot!

MADlot1.jpeg

MADlot3.jpeg

MADlot4.jpeg

MADlot5.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man