• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! MAD and EC "Stuff" A lot of history and just plain fun "Stuff"!
1 1

110 posts in this topic

Hopefully, this will be a fun thread. Thinning down the 50+ years of collecting these unusual "artifacts" A Lot of weird MAD Magazine/Alfred E Neuman items with some vintage EC in the mix. I have some dupes and stuff I can, at this point live without.  There will be NO comics or magazines. I do have some lower grade MAD, Panic and odd MAD immator magazines but probably won't post this time unless I get requests. As I said, a lot of history gathered over a lifetime of collecting. This sale will roll out over a few days. 

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is hard on this stuff. It will depend on what you want, how much you want ect. I will keep postage down to actual cost and search for the least expensive way to safely ship. Some things could go in a padded envelope or Media Mail, other items won't. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

I would prefer checks or Money orders but will accept Paypal if I have to….   

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had a couple 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

S Q U A  T R O N T #8 (sorry, it won't allow me to type this)! (shrug) 1978

Seminal fanzine by the late Jerry Weiss. Full of features and unpublished art. This one has a great article with transcripts from the 1972 EC Convention, EC fanzines, an article about "Going Steady with Betty" a pre EC Junior like strip that never ran by Feldstein and other features. 

Has a little light "bug damage" on spine but has been carefully read a couple times by me. 

$25.

squatront8a.jpeg

squatront8b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Completely Cracked Paperback Book 1962 Ace Star T-136

Very scarce book. Unlike MAD, Cracked did only a couple of these in their early days. Severin, Jaffee and other inside.Nice copy with just minor spine and edge wear.

$25.

crackedpb1.jpeg

crackedpb2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

I got a few of these T-Shirts I will be listing in a trade with a friend that bought out the Graphitii warehouse when they folded. These are old un-sold stock and have never been worn. This one is size XL.

Brown shirt with Alfred E Neuman and says the famous "What Me Worry? on front.

$25. (can be sent inexpensively in a padded envelope)

shirtmadbrown.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Christies 1992 "Art of MAD" Auction Catalog

One of the earliest MAD art auctions. Thickened full of classic pieces at prices we would all dream about today. Black and white and color illustrations printed on heavy glossy stock. 

Just minor storage wear.

Was $25.

Now $20.

christies1.jpeg

christies2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

EC Comics black T-Shirt also from the Graphittii warehouse. Has large white EC logo on front and a smaller one on back at top. Size XL and un worn

$25. (can be sent in a padded envelope to save postage)

shirtEC1.jpeg

shirtEC2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Last but not least for today a real weird one...

Official MAD Alfred E Neuman Disguise Kit. Just incase you are3 having a hard time coming up with a good Halloween idea. Comes complete with slightly used make up and two rubber ears and original "freckle pencil". 

Be the talk of your next comic con...

Was $10.

Now $8.

maddiscuisekit1.jpeg

maddiscuisekit2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 9/13/2023 at 11:28 PM, Robot Man said:

S Q U A  T R O N T #8 (sorry, it won't allow me to type this)! (shrug) 1978

Seminal fanzine by the late Jerry Weiss. Full of features and unpublished art. This one has a great article with transcripts from the 1972 EC Convention, EC fanzines, an article about "Going Steady with Betty" a pre EC Junior like strip that never ran by Feldstein and other features. 

Has a little light "bug damage" on spine but has been carefully read a couple times by me. 

$25.

squatront8a.jpeg

squatront8b.jpeg

Take.

On 9/13/2023 at 11:39 PM, Robot Man said:

Completely Cracked Paperback Book 1962 Ace Star T-136

Very scarce book. Unlike MAD, Cracked did only a couple of these in their early days. Severin, Jaffee and other inside.Nice copy with just minor spine and edge wear.

$25.

crackedpb1.jpeg

crackedpb2.jpeg

Take