• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! MAD and EC "Stuff" A lot of history and just plain fun "Stuff"!
1 1

110 posts in this topic

SOLD!

S Q U A  T R O N T #3 1969

Feldstein front cover. Crandall back cover paintings. Features on the Senate Hearings and the Death of EC, Frazetta, Crandall and Evans features, an article of '50's comic sci-fi comics and more

Light, average corner wear. I bought it when it came out and read it a few times

$55.

squatront3a.jpeg

squatront3b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Sothbey's 1995 MAD art Auction catalog.

Fat, colorful, and profusely illustrated. Pictures so many iconic pieces and are now buried deep in collections. One interesting item was Bill Gaines actual deck used in the EC offices! (pictured)  Went for a little over $7K I believe. Wonder where it is now.

Comes with some news clipping from the auction as an added bonus

Was $25.

Now $20.

sothebys1.jpeg

sothebys2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 9/16/2023 at 8:52 PM, Robot Man said:

S Q U A  T R O N T #3 1969

Feldstein front cover. Crandall back cover paintings. Features on the Senate Hearings and the Death of EC, Frazetta, Crandall and Evans features, an article of '50's comic sci-fi comics and more

Light, average corner wear. I bought it when it came out and read it a few times

$55.

squatront3a.jpeg

squatront3b.jpeg

Take

Alfred E Neuman / Skull Lenticular image on black lucite desk decor

Entire piece is 3-3/4" x 5", It is an eerie green image of Alfred morphing into a toothless Skull. Mounted to a black lucite piece that sits on your desk or any flat surface. Very cool piece and only one I've seen

Copyright EC Publications

STILL $25. (This is a great piece!)

madlinticular1.jpeg

madlinticular2.jpeg

madlinticular3.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

S Q U A  T R O N T  #2 1968

Cool, tour of the EC offices with lots of photos, nice Frazetta feature, Al Williamson Portfolio and other EC features and editorials.

Very nice shape and bought by me right when it came out

$75.

squatront2a.jpeg

squatront2b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 9/17/2023 at 8:38 PM, Robot Man said:

S Q U A  T R O N T  #2 1968

Cool, tour of the EC offices with lots of photos, nice Frazetta feature, Al Williamson Portfolio and other EC features and editorials.

Very nice shape and bought by me right when it came out

$75.

squatront2a.jpeg

squatront2b.jpeg

Take

Meet the Staff of MAD annual insert from The Worst from MAD annual #2

"Staring the Publisher, The Editor and the Usual Gang of I----s. Been a long time since I heard this but it is an introduction to MAD by the Gang I believe.

I think the first of these insert records and pretty hard to come by. If you have an annual with it missing here is your chance.

Nice shape and looks real playable

$30.

madrecordSTAFFMAD.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Here is a wild Group!

Lot of 7 different MAD joke Squirt Toys. Great gag items. Since there are 7 I assume one might be missing since things like this used to come in even numbers but don't know for sure. Copyright 1987. Couldn't find them anywhere.

All un-used on original cards. Very nice condition

Was $50.

Now $40.

madsquirttoys.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

S Q U A. T R O N T. #1 1967 Jerry Weist's first fanzine publishing effort. Iconic in EC lore

Graham Ingels feature, The "New" Flash Gordon by Williamson, An article on the EC Horror annuals and the first in the series articles about Frank Frazetta.

Excellent condition and carefully taken care of by me when I bought it.

$100.

squatront1a.jpeg

squatront1b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 9/17/2023 at 4:05 PM, Robot Man said:

S Q U A. T R O N T. #1 1967 Jerry Weist's first fanzine publishing effort. Iconic in EC lore

Graham Ingels feature, The "New" Flash Gordon by Williamson, An article on the EC Horror annuals and the first in the series articles about Frank Frazetta.

$100.

squatront1a.jpeg

squatront1b.jpeg

take

On 9/17/2023 at 9:08 PM, TupennyConan said:
On 9/17/2023 at 9:05 PM, Robot Man said:

$100.

squatront1a.jpeg

squatront1b.jpeg

Expand  

take

Dammit! Congrats on the pickup.

SOLD!

And, I will close this sales thread with a very unique item.

Seduction of the Innocent SDCC T-Shirt.

In 1988, four fellows who were sick of the lame music being played at the Awards dinner, decided to take things into their own hands. Bill Mumy, Miguel Ferrer, Steve Leailoha, and Max Allan Collins formed a band and dubbed themselves "Seduction of the Innocent". They were an instant hit. I remember being there and it was quite the party. I believe Trina Robbins was first on the dance floor and got everybody out of their seats. A memorable evening and some of the magic of what the original SDCC was all about.

They played every year for a few years. Another great moment was when the boys cleared the floor and invited Jack Kirby to waltz his wife Roz around the dance floor to an original called "King Jack". The crowd went wild after the number was over. Another historical moment.

This shirt is from one of those early SOTI events. Features the classic Weird Science panel the good doctor used in his book and a small guitarist in the lower left corner.

Very few of these were left in the Graphitti stash and all gone now. A great piece!

Mint and un-used in original bag. Photo is of my shirt.

$65.

shirtseduction1.jpeg

shirtseduction2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 9/17/2023 at 4:25 PM, Robot Man said:

And, I will close this sales thread with a very unique item.

Seduction of the Innocent SDCC T-Shirt.

In 1988, four fellows who were sick of the lame music being played at the Awards dinner, decided to take things into their own hands. Bill Mumy, Miguel Ferrer, Steve Leailoha, and Max Allan Collins formed a band and dubbed themselves "Seduction of the Innocent". They were an instant hit. I remember being there and it was quite the party. I believe Trina Robbins was first on the dance floor and got everybody out of their seats. A memorable evening and some of the magic of what the original SDCC was all about.

They played every year for a few years. Another great moment was when the boys cleared the floor and invited Jack Kirby to waltz his wife Roz around the dance floor to an original called "King Jack". The crowd went wild after the number was over. Another historical moment.

This shirt is from one of those early SOTI events. Features the classic Weird Science panel the good doctor used in his book and a small guitarist in the lower left corner.

Very few of these were left in the Graphitti stash and all gone now. A great piece!

Mint and un-used in original bag. Photo is of my shirt.

$65.

shirtseduction1.jpeg

shirtseduction2.jpeg

take