• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Facsimile grading question
4 4

13 posts in this topic

So I recently got a comic back from cgc and it got a NG, but yet when I look on eBay, the exact same comic got a 9.8 (cert #416775010). The book I sent in has not 1 flaw and is the no bar code variant facsimile of amazing fantasy 15. If anyone could give me some insight as to why I would’ve gotten this grade, I would appreciate the info.

IMG_4636.jpeg

IMG_4635.png

• Administrator
On 9/14/2023 at 12:16 PM, Robert Cuno said:

So I recently got a comic back from cgc and it got a NG, but yet when I look on eBay, the exact same comic got a 9.8 (cert #416775010). The book I sent in has not 1 flaw and is the no bar code variant facsimile of amazing fantasy 15. If anyone could give me some insight as to why I would’ve gotten this grade, I would appreciate the info.

What is the cert number of the NG CGC slab?

• Administrator

Ok, I spoke with the team about this.  Here is what I was told:

If there is no UPC on the cover, we grade as NG COVERLESS. In this particular instance, it is because the no UPC version was actually the inner cover for the Sketch Edition (blank outer cover variant) that was removed.  

That other copy on ebay is the UPC edition that was NOT the sketch edition with the extra cover.

• Administrator
On 9/14/2023 at 8:55 PM, Topnotchman said:

Is this on receiving, the graders or QC to make sure it’s correctly labeled?

It's up to the graders to determine which variant the book is.  I think the mistake in this case was made there.

On 9/14/2023 at 9:10 PM, CGC Mike said:

It's up to the graders to determine which variant the book is.  I think the mistake in this case was made there.

Then I feel bad for the graders.  There must be thousands of variants now to keep track of. 

And if it's loaded incorrectly by the submitter, the intake person would have to be knowledgeable enough to overrule the online submission.  Or a grader would have to correct it along the way. 

There will be blood.