• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can I slab a comic that's folded inside out, so I can have a splash page showing?

5 posts in this topic

Hi CGC

I bought this complete copy of Starslayer 1 that has the 1st appearance (in an Advertisement) of Rocketeer 1.  

It's signed by Dave Stevens and neatly folded back upon itself to the Ad page.  So the comic is kind of "inside out".

I was thinking of sending it in for slabbing just like this.  I DON'T want CGC to fold it back to the actual cover.  I want the Ad page with the signature to the front of the slab like it is right now.  

Now, I realize it won't get a SS label (since it's an unwitnessed sig), and I also realize it will get a low grade since the comic will be inside out, but..... it's the way I want it in the slab. 

Perhaps with the note "Thanks Bill..... Dave Stevens 89" on the label.

IMG_9314.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello @gadzukes

Our graders have confirmed we would not be able to encapsulate the book like this. The cover would be folded back the front for encapsulation to prevent damage to the book in our holders. Additionally as for the label information/designation, we would note something to the effect of "Name and inscription on Page _ in Pen". While this still would be considered a blue label we would not be able to note the signer's name on the label. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. 

• Administrator

Hey @gadzukes,

Yes! This would actually be the only way we would be able to accommodate this request. This would receive a PG designation. If you do submit this wrap in this manner, please be sure to write a sticky note mentioning to place the Rocketeer ad facing forward in encapsulation onto the bag/board with the book and write this note on your submission form as well so we can review this properly. Let us know if you have any other questions!