• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 26 Grassetti variant
2 2

5 posts in this topic

On 9/19/2023 at 1:36 AM, Lightning55 said:

Whether or not anyone else has the problem, if YOU do, contact customer service by email with photos of what you see as scuffs. They can make a determination as to whether it would qualify for a reholder at no charge.

In theory, your advice is good. In reality, we can save him time by saying it won't qualify for a free reholder, nor will there be any guarantee that it will come back any better if it's sent in anyway.

For the OP, it has nothing to do with the issue or any variant and you should check out this thread.

On 9/19/2023 at 7:20 PM, Lazyboy said:

In theory, your advice is good. In reality, we can save him time by saying it won't qualify for a free reholder, nor will there be any guarantee that it will come back any better if it's sent in anyway.

For the OP, it has nothing to do with the issue or any variant and you should check out this thread.

I don't know, I send books back now and then that have significant scuff marks on the inner capsule.  It's not like Newton Rings where you are arguing over if they are natural to the plastic, covering a large area, a general eyesore. 

If they scuffed up the inner capsule, heavily scratched the case, left plastic shards in the case, etc., I contact customer service and they evaluate the photos.  Usually they will reholder it. 

It's also their image at stake, quality of work.  People see the problems and it makes them think twice about submitting.  No scuffs, scrapes, or foreign matter in that Mylar that it is sitting in right now, why risk it, and pay for the privilege of being disappointed?