• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thread of This and That with New Keys

41 posts in this topic

On 10/2/2023 at 7:40 PM, rdp collectibles said:

Has any paying buyer seen their comics or hear of any shipping details yet???

I have not - paid on 9/22, was told they would ship 9/22.

Edited by Dr. Balls

I bought a ASM 300 9.8, Batman Adventures 12 9.8, and marvel team up 141 9.8 from deadlift.  

I received a message about a month after buying the ASM 300 from another boardie, @Bronze AgeD BRAD, stating the books were his and he had given them to deadlift to reholder over a year ago and it was never done.

He had additional images of the books to support his claims, and after contact with deadlift I’m getting refunds on the books and waiting for them to clear before returning them.  Needless to say, I’m very unhappy about the entire situation and having my money tied up and time wasted while I’m waiting for this to resolve.  

Edited by Gsims718

On 10/6/2023 at 7:50 PM, Gsims718 said:

I bought a ASM 300 9.8, Batman Adventures 12 9.8, and marvel team up 141 9.8 from deadlift.  

I received a message about a month after buying the ASM 300 from another boardie, @Bronze AgeD BRAD, stating the books were his and he had given them to deadlift to reholder over a year ago and it was never done.

He had additional images of the books to support his claims, and after contact with deadlift I’m getting refunds on the books and waiting for them to clear before returning them.  Needless to say, I’m very unhappy about the entire situation and having my money tied up and time wasted while I’m waiting for this to resolve.  

Yikes. Honestly, usually, whenever I see mentions of hospital bills, work difficulty delays, being sick and ‘unable’ to answer messages. Huge red flag, and just makes me too uncomfortable to continue. To each their own, I’ve just never understood how those were relevant to comic sales. Sounds like a terrible situation. Best of luck getting it resolved. 

Received my books as described. Did not get any responses to my PMs, confirmation of payment or shipment - but some sellers are like that.

But WOW @Gsims718 - that is a crazy situation, and yeah - landing those big books in 9.8 only having to deal with giving them back. Hugely frustrating, I can imagine.

On 10/8/2023 at 7:21 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Received my books as described. Did not get any responses to my PMs, confirmation of payment or shipment - but some sellers are like that.

But WOW @Gsims718 - that is a crazy situation, and yeah - landing those big books in 9.8 only having to deal with giving them back. Hugely frustrating, I can imagine.

I mean he literally said he was having surgery in a few weeks in his first sentence.  One would think that he didn't respond because he was having surgery?

On 10/7/2023 at 8:26 AM, Cornelius The First said:

Yikes. Honestly, usually, whenever I see mentions of hospital bills, work difficulty delays, being sick and ‘unable’ to answer messages. Huge red flag, and just makes me too uncomfortable to continue. To each their own, I’ve just never understood how those were relevant to comic sales. Sounds like a terrible situation. Best of luck getting it resolved. 

Because human nature likes to talk?  What's the difference between someone saying, selling for down payment of home vs. for hospital bills?   Or selling to fund a purchase of a bigger book.  Or selling because they buy and sell comic books for a living.  We all have reasons to sell.  

On 10/8/2023 at 7:21 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Not just that, but he sold 6k in books that didn’t belong to him, and people should be aware of that.

On 10/8/2023 at 9:51 AM, Bluemedgroup said:

Because human nature likes to talk?  What's the difference between someone saying, selling for down payment of home vs. for hospital bills?   Or selling to fund a purchase of a bigger book.  Or selling because they buy and sell comic books for a living.  We all have reasons to sell.  

All have reasons to sell books that don’t belong to us?

On 10/8/2023 at 7:48 AM, Bluemedgroup said:

I mean he literally said he was having surgery in a few weeks in his first sentence.  One would think that he didn't respond because he was having surgery?

I had a transaction with him a few months back and communication was slow/delayed then as well.  Given what I've seen, it seems to be more the norm than the exception.  That said, except for Gsims experience, it seems most buyers are getting their books, just wishing for more communication from the seller.

On 10/6/2023 at 5:50 PM, Gsims718 said:

What the hell?  Unexcusable.

On 10/8/2023 at 10:51 AM, Bluemedgroup said:

It’s a fair enough point. I didn’t say it wasn’t a personal choice. To your point, I’m just a collector, I don’t sell for any particular reason, save enjoyment. So therefore, personally, it raises a red flag. A down payment on a house or a ‘bill’ of most sort is not a typical ‘scam’ go to, whereas medical issues and so on and so forth are. Sounds like everyone got their books, maybe communication just wasn’t exceptional. Was just making an observation, and adding some personal input, take it or leave it. 

On 10/8/2023 at 8:48 AM, Bluemedgroup said:

He posted books on the 18th, I paid on the 22nd and didn't hear anything - NBD, the books showed up. If he was having surgery in a few weeks from his first post - that's literally a few weeks to respond to PMs, confirm payment and post shipping updates before surgery. So, (shrug)