• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Comic Convention 2024 ( CalComicCon )
4 4

79 posts in this topic

On 12/19/2023 at 12:03 AM, Aarrow108 said:

By far my favorite con to go to here in California. can’t wait!

I just purchased a spot for the Comic Swap on Saturday Night (sent an email to info@calcomiccon.com for confirmation). See you all there!

Your name is on the Swap page. T.

Info about the CalComicCon Comic Swap
Swap is an option, we actually mostly sell comics, sorry for the confusion.
3’ of table fits about 8 short boxes, or 4 long boxes and 6 Magazines. Under the table is allowed.
Here is the link., https://www.calcomiccon.com/Comic_Swap.aspx Buy Tickets | Ticketbud On the right hand side of the form scroll to the bottom and you will see the option to rent 3’ of table from the swap.
Once you do this I will get an e-mail and your name will be added to the Swap Participants.
Every swap dealer will get a Swap lanyard that will allow free early entry to the Main Show on Sunday Make sure to show up at the Hotel Ferra on Saturday night between 5-6 pm for set-up.
You may want to book a room at the hotel, here is the link:
https://www.calcomiccon.com/Hotel.aspx the rate should be $153, set the number of days you want before you book.
It is default set for three days.
Edited by TerrysComics

CalComicCon 2024 - less than a month away   

This is to let you know  the 16th CalComicCon will be held on
 Sunday, February 4th 2024. web-site: https://www.calcomiccon.com
 get your tickets now and avoid the long cash line https://www.calcomiccon.com/AttendeeInfo.aspx
   Guests include Howard Chaykin (Star Wars), Kelley Jones (Batman), Thomas Yeates (Swamp Thing),
 Mike Vosburg (G.I. Joe) and Patrick Owsley (Flinstones).
 the two Saturday events are a Comic Social 1:00-4:00pm in lobby Bar and comic swap from 6:00pm-9:30pm
 We still have a few spots open if you want to sell at the Comic Swap.
 Most CalComicCon dealers will attend and shop at the Comic swap.
  Various unofficial events will take place at the official hotel
 throughout the weekend, check the Chat boards and Facebook for more current information.
 Here's the Swap Dealer link page: https://ticketbud.com/events/5a958702-7f30-11ee-b180-42010a71702b
 You are encouraged to book a room now in order to get the convention rate of $153.
 Here's the hotel link page: https://www.calcomiccon.com/Hotel.aspx
 Terry O'Neill
 Promoter CalComicCon2024

Only 1 swap space left!!

Info about the CalComicCon Comic Swap
Swap is an option, we actually mostly sell comics, sorry for the confusion.
3’ of table fits about 8 short boxes, or 4 long boxes and 6 Magazines. Under the table is allowed.
Here is the link., https://www.calcomiccon.com/Comic_Swap.aspx goto buy ticket info button 
 Buy Tickets | Ticketbud On the right hand side of the form scroll to the bottom and you will see the option to rent 3’ of table from the swap.
Once you do this I will get an e-mail and your name will be added to the Swap Participants.
Every swap dealer will get a Swap lanyard that will allow free early entry to the Main Show on Sunday
Make sure to show up at the Hotel Ferra on Saturday night between 5-6 pm for set-up.

$75 to purchase a comic Swap Table:

Ticket Info

Edited by TerrysComics

On 1/18/2024 at 1:04 PM, jmg3637 said:

Finaly getting around to seeing if I can attend.

Are there any  SWAP  Table left?  It looked like it was sold out on the website

Swap tables were sold out but we had an opening and added 1 more spot.  Several people asked about it so it may be gone by now. T.

With a little more than a week away, figured it would be worth a shot to post this...

Although I'll be bringing books to sell at the Comic Swap, I'll also be bringing a few books from my personal collection for the strict purpose of hopefully upgrading to higher copy via trade (i.e. I'm only getting rid of my copy if I can find the grade I'm looking for during the show). That being said, if anyone is looking to downgrade their copy from the list of books below AND get some cash out of it, come see me! My name is Aaron Perez, and I'll most definitely be wearing a hat, glasses, and an X-men t-shirt (not that any of that narrows it down in a room full of nerds).

Giant Size X-men CGC 8.5 -> ISO CG 9.2
Werewolf by Night 32 CGC 8.5 > ISO CGC 9.2 - 9.4
X-men 1 CGC 3.5 with unverified/unwitnessed "Stan Lee" signature on the cover > ISO CGC 4.5
X-men 50 CGC 8.5  > ISO CGC 9.2 - 9.4

I've been saving up and I'm ready to deal! Looking forward to seeing every one at the show :cheers:

On 1/23/2024 at 11:41 AM, Aarrow108 said:

With a little more than a week away, figured it would be worth a shot to post this...

Although I'll be bringing books to sell at the Comic Swap, I'll also be bringing a few books from my personal collection for the strict purpose of hopefully upgrading to higher copy via trade (i.e. I'm only getting rid of my copy if I can find the grade I'm looking for during the show). That being said, if anyone is looking to downgrade their copy from the list of books below AND get some cash out of it, come see me! My name is Aaron Perez, and I'll most definitely be wearing a hat, glasses, and an X-men t-shirt (not that any of that narrows it down in a room full of nerds).

X-men 1 CGC 3.5 with unverified/unwitnessed "Stan Lee" signature on the cover > ISO CGC 4.5

I've been saving up and I'm ready to deal! Looking forward to seeing every one at the show :cheers:

I have a Signature X-men #50, I was not planning on selling but maybe I will bring it. T.

On 1/23/2024 at 11:41 AM, Aarrow108 said:

Hey that's some solid stuff!

On 1/23/2024 at 3:54 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

This will be my first time doing the comic swap and I couldn't be more delighted. I'm torn between doing more trading, offering for sale, or a combo, but will be excited to bring everything from my personal collection.

just approach it as one big hangout and you’ll be be fine. I set up in 2020, and only attended/bought during the 2023 one, but enjoyed myself on either side of the table. I’d say focus more on your “for sale” inventory, but definitely bring some trade stuff. Just remember it’s a small table space, so don’t have too much room! Only bringing the top stuff to sell, and a few of those slabs to trade.

On 1/23/2024 at 8:53 PM, Aarrow108 said:

just approach it as one big hangout and you’ll be be fine. I set up in 2020, and only attended/bought during the 2023 one, but enjoyed myself on either side of the table. I’d say focus more on your “for sale” inventory, but definitely bring some trade stuff. Just remember it’s a small table space, so don’t have too much room! Only bringing the top stuff to sell, and a few of those slabs to trade.

Yeah I only have a box of graded and a short box of raw so space won’t be an issue haha. I might bring a couple original art pieces to.

How much earlier can you get in on Sunday if you buy this pass?

Master pass 3rd-4th February $50.00 USD

$46.32+ $3.67 fee

Admission to all three events - special package 3rd-4th February 2024 $50.00 USD Includes early entry on Sunday and collectible lanyard

On 1/24/2024 at 8:29 PM, dem1138 said:

How much earlier can you get in on Sunday if you buy this pass?

Master pass 3rd-4th February $50.00 USD

$46.32+ $3.67 fee

Admission to all three events - special package 3rd-4th February 2024 $50.00 USD Includes early entry on Sunday and collectible lanyard

Master pass gets you Comic Social from 1-4pm.

Comic Swap from 5-9:30pm on Saturday

9:00am entry on Sunday 1/2 hour before the rest of the crowd, so move fast.