• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Process for onsite comic submissions (CGC attending the upcoming Sports Card & Memorabilia Expo in Toronto)
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hi good day. Can you help clarify the process regarding CGC submissions at a show? I see that you are coming to the Sports Card & Memorabilia Expo in Toronto in November and will be accepting onsite submissions - how does that work, exactly? Would I complete all my submission forms online per usual and then bring the printouts and the books for submission, or do you have to fill out separate forms at the event? Subsequently, are you then taking the books and transporting them yourselves, or are they being shipped to CGC in Florida? I'm specifically looking to find out about the shipping and insurance process; it is expensive to ship books and there's a risk of lost/damaged shipments that are not fully covered by FedEx. If CGC is physically transporting these yourselves then that reduces my risk, especially on these high-value books. If you can help clarify the process for me that would be appreciated. Thank you. 

• Administrator

Hello @Stormtrooper_Pete,

A lot of great questions here...

1. To submit at a show please fill out your submission form ahead of time and bring this with you to the show with your books. Be sure you have TWO copies of the packing slip with you for our team. Also, be sure the books are already bagged/boarded and not currently packaged for shipping. We will do all the shipping ourselves so there is nothing else you need to do to pack the collectibles.

2. Next, for all shows except those in Florida, we will package and ship the collectibles back to our office in Sarasota Florida. Once you hand the collectibles to us, they are then fully insured under our private insurance. This includes shipping from the show to our office. This is not covered by FedEx but by our own private insurance. When the package is shipped back to you, it will also be fully insured by our private insurance as well so you can have the confidence it will be taken care of while in our custody. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

On 9/25/2023 at 8:25 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello @Stormtrooper_Pete,

A lot of great questions here...

1. To submit at a show please fill out your submission form ahead of time and bring this with you to the show with your books. Be sure you have TWO copies of the packing slip with you for our team. Also, be sure the books are already bagged/boarded and not currently packaged for shipping. We will do all the shipping ourselves so there is nothing else you need to do to pack the collectibles.

2. Next, for all shows except those in Florida, we will package and ship the collectibles back to our office in Sarasota Florida. Once you hand the collectibles to us, they are then fully insured under our private insurance. This includes shipping from the show to our office. This is not covered by FedEx but by our own private insurance. When the package is shipped back to you, it will also be fully insured by our private insurance as well so you can have the confidence it will be taken care of while in our custody. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thank you, @MattM CS