• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buffalo ComicCon - Fall 2023

51 posts in this topic

On 9/24/2023 at 10:17 AM, JollyComics said:

I was a student at RIT (Rochester area) and always remembered Buffalo WIngs were popular in 1980's even today.  Anywhere is nothing but only in Buffalo.

buffalo isn't good for much, but the wings are pretty good, girls are pretty, football team sucks and weather six months a year makes ya wanna choke yourself out. other than that, it could worse, it could be Venezuela  

On 9/24/2023 at 8:11 PM, Courageous Cat said:

buffalo isn't good for much, but the wings are pretty good, girls are pretty, football team sucks and weather six months a year makes ya wanna choke yourself out. other than that, it could worse, it could be Venezuela  

I moved out of Rochester NY after I graduated at RIT and didn't look back even they have reunions.  The only spectacular place I would go back is Niagara Falls.

Venezuela isn't on my bucket list.

Edited by JollyComics

On 9/24/2023 at 10:04 AM, Cman429 said:

What was the next box over? If he was doing a natural progression I guess it’d be “Collectible Comics” then “Better Comics” then “90s Comics”

That reminded me of Wilmot (Wisconsin) Flea Market on every Sunday from April to October.  I have seen the same man with 27 long boxes filled with 90's books without bags or boards for about 6 years. I managed to pull few 60's Archie books on the first year but nothing was new for next five years until all 27 boxes were disappeared.  One year later, I went back and saw the same guy with 16 more new long boxes and checked on the first box.  Same unbagged and unboarded darned 90's and 2000's books. I didn't bother to look the rest.

On 9/23/2023 at 5:53 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

IMG_20230923_123045865.thumb.jpg.4fce02e67461fc492a1522adb3b74e1f.jpg

wow, $4 comics don't even warrant a bag nowadays?  I look forward to your Buffalo Con report and photo spread every year. It looks like the most depressing show I've ever seen. Maybe Utica Con is worse, I dunno. 

On 9/23/2023 at 5:59 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Post show retreat to Dwyers Irish Pub with @SolitaireOne

IMG_20230923_144625832.thumb.jpg.0991631408c63de714db5642631d081a.jpg

You could also swing by Imperial off Abbot Road and grab one of these :cloud9: GOD BLESS

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

BUFFALO PIZZA.jpg

On 9/24/2023 at 10:44 PM, the blob said:

wow, $4 comics don't even warrant a bag nowadays?  I look forward to your Buffalo Con report and photo spread every year. It looks like the most depressing show I've ever seen. Maybe Utica Con is worse, I dunno. 

Those unbagged “collectible” books probably move over to the “better” box after a couple of shows…

On 9/26/2023 at 5:38 AM, Courageous Cat said:

I find their sauce a tad too sweet, but otherwise a good pie

I belong to a Facebook group called Pizzaholics ... you should see some some of the Pies :cloud9: GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus):cloud9: