• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Weekly Auctions
2 2

128 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

hey @tth2 are you still able to edit the title of this thread? I don't think most agreed to make one HA thread for all signature auctions, each one has months of ramp-up and wind down and it's own personality that it simply makes more sense for them to live on their own, but I think you could make this the officially HA weekly Art Auction discussion thread. 

Edited by MyNameIsLegion

Posted (edited)

Agreed it is a good idea.  There is always something interesting that will be worth commenting on.

Edited by Carlo M
typo

Does anyone know how to mine the HA website for a specific session total?    Like if I wanted to review session 2 from say the March 2022 signature or something, and get the total for only that session, is there a way to filter for that total?   Certainly filtering for the items is possible, but how to get the aggregate total of what the session sold for without creating a giant excel sheet?

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 10:54 AM, Bronty said:

Does anyone know how to mine the HA website for a specific session total?    Like if I wanted to review session 2 from say the March 2022 signature or something, and get the total for only that session, is there a way to filter for that total?   Certainly filtering for the items is possible, but how to get the aggregate total of what the session sold for without creating a giant excel sheet?

Yup...

https://comicarttracker.com/heritage-auctions

Edited by BCarter27

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 2:31 PM, BCarter27 said:

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, as I don't currently have a premium account.

How does that link help?   I see that it has past heritage data, which is great, but I can already mine that directly.    To be clear, if there are 134 items in a session, I can mine for the 134 prices easily using session filters.

What I'm hoping to find is a way to aggegate those totals to skip the math step in the same way that if I go to the closed signature auction links, I can see that the May 2019 signature lots sold for an aggregate $15,121,405.     https://comics.ha.com/c/auction-home.zx?saleNo=7209

From looking at the CAT link, since I don't have a premium account I can't go into the old auction data, but on the active auctions, it just seems to give the dollar figure by item, without aggregating to a total?

Example, by clicking the session 1 filter in the closed HA auction link like so, I can see  the 89 items in Session 1 and what they sold for, but there seems to be no grand total.

https://comics.ha.com/c/search/results.zx?term=&si=2&dept=1938&archive_state=5327&sold_status=1526&auction_name=7209&auction_year=2019&session_desc=3795&mode=archive&page=24~1&ic4=Refine-Sessions-102615

Similarly, CAT seems to include the items and prices but not a total

https://comicarttracker.com/heritage-auctions/2024-06-12

Edited by Bronty

On 5/23/2024 at 4:01 PM, Bronty said:

I don't currently have a premium account.

Ah, you must! All of the cool kids have one. It has all of the session totals you are looking for (for closed auctions only. It doesn't add them up for current auctions until they close.)

https://comicarttracker.com/heritage-auctions/2024-05-22?results

Premium gives you history older than 3 months-

image.thumb.png.02a700eef2c68b3530f5f40a6918d2ba.png

On 5/24/2024 at 1:41 PM, BCarter27 said:

Ah, you must! All of the cool kids have one. It has all of the session totals you are looking for (for closed auctions only. It doesn't add them up for current auctions until they close.)

https://comicarttracker.com/heritage-auctions/2024-05-22?results

Premium gives you history older than 3 months-

image.thumb.png.02a700eef2c68b3530f5f40a6918d2ba.png

thank you!

Posted (edited)

Does anybody know more about the Monica Beetle page by Bryan Lee O’Malley in the current HA weekly auction? I thought I had read somewhere that the two protagonists in that story were Scott Pilgrim’s parents, but I couldn’t find more information on this. Does anybody here know more? Thanks! 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/story-page/bryan-lee-o-malley-project-superior-monica-beetle-story-page-5-original-art-adhouse-books-2005-/a/322423-46184.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

Edited by oldwhy

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2024 at 5:08 PM, cstojano said:

My first Heritage consignments are now starting to populate. Is there a term (besides degenerate collector) for when you get excited about a listing only to realize it is what you consigned? It's like, "wow cool, what's this... Oh."

As a consignor, watching these lots of 60s and 70s strip art sell for < 100 dollars is rather nauseating. I look forward to Michael Browning's report. :)

So far 3 lots passed for me and I am only down 2k on the 3. Could have been worse.

Edited by cstojano

On 6/5/2024 at 8:11 PM, cstojano said:

As a consignor, watching these lots of 60s and 70s strip art sell for < 100 dollars is rather nauseating. I look forward to Michael Browning's report. :)

So far 3 lots passed for me and I am only down 2k on the 3. Could have been worse.

There were a lot of weak results last night in strip art at both HA and CLink. Like that 1936 Blondie Sunday that went for only $780 at HA and the 1973 1st-year Hagar Sunday ($1.9K) at CLink. And it looks like you can't give away Secret Agent Corrigan strips at the moment (granted, a lot have come to market recently). 

That 1944 Mandrake the Magician Sunday sold for $1.4K at CLink; down from $2K last year at Heritage. 

Not that a ton of people care these days, but, yeah, it's pretty surprising to see for me. But, as I've been a big buyer of lower-end strips the past 2-3 years, I don't mind, personally - just means my budget goes farther, which is not something you can say with mainstream superhero art these days. 2c 

On 6/6/2024 at 5:59 AM, delekkerste said:

There were a lot of weak results last night in strip art at both HA and CLink. Like that 1936 Blondie Sunday that went for only $780 at HA and the 1973 1st-year Hagar Sunday ($1.9K) at CLink. And it looks like you can't give away Secret Agent Corrigan strips at the moment (granted, a lot have come to market recently). 

That 1944 Mandrake the Magician Sunday sold for $1.4K at CLink; down from $2K last year at Heritage. 

Not that a ton of people care these days, but, yeah, it's pretty surprising to see for me. But, as I've been a big buyer of lower-end strips the past 2-3 years, I don't mind, personally - just means my budget goes farther, which is not something you can say with mainstream superhero art these days. 2c 

I booked at 6k loss last night on a 13k cost, so yeah. I never considered myself one of those pandemic buyers but thinking back I may been a bit bored as well. Licking my wounds with two more weeks of weeklies to get through. I wonder if ebay would have been better for some of this stuff. 

On 6/6/2024 at 12:41 PM, cstojano said:

I booked at 6k loss last night on a 13k cost, so yeah. I never considered myself one of those pandemic buyers but thinking back I may been a bit bored as well. Licking my wounds with two more weeks of weeklies to get through. I wonder if ebay would have been better for some of this stuff. 

Ouch, sorry man.   Hope it picks up for you.

On 6/6/2024 at 7:41 PM, cstojano said:

A buddy of mine is having a ton of success with eBay and the price structure seems to actually be pretty solid. I am thinking about trying a few pieces there as well after getting hosed on a few auction consignments myself. 

On 6/6/2024 at 3:18 PM, Xatari said:

A buddy of mine is having a ton of success with eBay and the price structure seems to actually be pretty solid. I am thinking about trying a few pieces there as well after getting hosed on a few auction consignments myself. 

Yeah is he the guy posting the 1 dollar listings to the Facebook group? 

I can't figure eBay out really. They seem to have some kind of algorithm that preferences listings in some way. It seems like stuff either sells right away or never and for the stuff that sits there seems to be no eyes on it at all. Not even low ball offers come in, which I find weird. 

Clink continues to shoot themselves in the foot having their auctions end on a Wed.   The Doctor Strange #176 Cover sold at a serious loss- from $72K in Nov 2021 to $46K last night.  Who deliberately  takes a Featured Live Auction piece from HA and sells in a Clink auction on a Wednesday the first week of summer??? :screwy:  they must be high :peace: or someone died  :angel: and they got very bad advise.  Birther art didn't do so hot either. KGBeast was weak, and another Creatures on the Loose 1st Tigra page that may have been on HA a couple years ago sold at a loss on Clink. 

On 6/6/2024 at 5:29 PM, MyNameIsLegion said:

Clink continues to shoot themselves in the foot having their auctions end on a Wed.   The Doctor Strange #176 Cover sold at a serious loss- from $72K in Nov 2021 to $46K last night.  Who deliberately  takes a Featured Live Auction piece from HA and sells in a Clink auction on a Wednesday the first week of summer??? :screwy:  they must be high :peace: or someone died  :angel: and they got very bad advise.  Birther art didn't do so hot either. KGBeast was weak, and another Creatures on the Loose 1st Tigra page that may have been on HA a couple years ago sold at a loss on Clink. 

I wouldn't mind the market collapsing back a bit and HA moving art back to Sundays. I don't know anyone who isn't overwhelmed with the constant flow of auctions, exacerbated if you collect across genres.