• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a reason custom label submissions are broken out into their own order?

3 posts in this topic

I'm curious as to the rationale here - if you as a submitter are required to ship the custom label book separately, it's not an extra $5, it's an extra $25 - which is a lot of money for a label.

Can't they just all be shipped together?

• Administrator

Hello @dbcn,

Unfortunately, because of the printing process for these labels (both Custom and Not), these submissions would be split up in our encapsulation department and can experience delays. For any services that would change the handling of a collectible in our office, it must be split off into a new submission form because it would be sent to a different part of the facility. This includes custom labels. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may cause. We thank you for your understanding. 

Hi @MattM CS - thanks for the response & appreciate the clarification.

One could argue that this should be a customer level choice though - I'd much prefer to pay $5 for the label, have a delay in the order, and pay $20 for shipping the entire order, rather than the current system of not have the delay and paying double shipping (and not having a choice).

I would also argue that the current turnaround times don't really justify a 'delay' as a reason to separate out shipping costs - if I'm going to wait a month or more to get a book pressed and graded, I'd much rather wait the extra 2 weeks for the custom label book, combine the orders and save the shipping fees. 

Although I guess if you're a customer paying for Fast Track and time is a concern, splitting the shipping might be the right call - but I still think it should be the customer's choice rather than just 'this is how we do it'.

Thx!