• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saw one of my orders get completed today and one of my cards got an AA or Auth Altered, really confused?????
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Saw one of my orders get completed today and one of my cards got an AA or Auth Altered, really confused as to what the issue or details were as I didn't do anything or alter the card at all. Really disappointed and confused. My order number is Order #: CGC2654714547 and the submission number is #4319783. It was a Pokémon Mewtwo GX 78/73 Shining Legends | English card. Was this some sort of issue or mistake or could I get some more details because idk why my card wasn't graded and given a normal grading score??? It was marked ready for shipping, but don't think it has moved at all so maybe this could be looked into before its sent back, I'm so disappointed I waited almost two months for this order to be completed and then this happened....

Edited by NuM_Brrr_WoN

• Administrator

Hello @NuM_Brrr_WoN

Thank you for reaching out to us. The card on line two of submission 4319783 did not qualify for a numerical grade and has instead been noted as AA (authentic altered) by the grading team. CGC Cards will print Authentic Altered in the grade box if a card is authentic but shows evidence of alteration in any way. Examples of alterations include recoloring and trimming. Unfortunately, I do not have any information to provide on the specific alteration identified.

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

@NickiO CS Is it possible to get additional information on what the issue was with this card, I personally did not alter the card in any way. I was also unaware that this card had been altered so it may be useful to have additional information as I may try to return the card from the original seller that I purchased it from. 

Edited by NuM_Brrr_WoN