• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old GM 9.5s : rehold vs new grading
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have tens of old blue label 9.5 cards (mostly with subgrades) and I don't know what to do with them. Basically the last sales clearly showed that the market does not like the old 9.5s to be rehold, and the old 9.5s with subgrades are suffering a lot from the lost of "transparency" brought by the subgrades. However the last sales of the freshly graded cards show pretty good results.

My questions are the following : if I send my old 9.5s to get graded again (so not rehold, they should get a new certification number, right ? And if it's the case, how confident are you for them to get the new GM 10 grade like they would get through the rehold system ?

Thanks in advance for your answer. Have a good day !

• Administrator

Hello @BorderLanes

Thank you for reaching out to us. If cards are submitted for regrading, and you wish to have the cards receive new certification numbers, you will either want to crack them out of their current holders and submit raw or write in large clear letters on the packing slip that the CGC holdered cards are being submitted for a paid regrade. The cards would then be cracked out and treated as raw. We can make no guarantee for the grading of raw cards. However, a card that previously received a Gem Mint 9.5 grade would likely receive a Gem Mint 10 grade, assuming the card's condition has not changed. 

Please note: raw cards should not be submitted on the same submission as cards in holders. 

if you have any other questions, please let us know.