• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #251 3-Pack Questions
2 2

15 posts in this topic

1. No, you have to open it and submit separately. 

2. Yes, but values may vary. I can't help you on that, but some boardies are knowledgeable in 3 packs.

3. Yes, just estimate grade to get value of each comic from some reputable sources.

4. See #2 above.

Edited by Lightning55

Wow!

A quick check of the census says there are 3,942 slabbed copies of that book in all grades, with God knows how many raw copies out in the wild.

That's the first three pack Bats 251 I've ever seen.

I'm eager to read the posts of the experienced three-pack collectors around here about how uncommon that pack must be.

On 10/10/2023 at 1:51 PM, MisterX said:

Wow!

A quick check of the census says there are 3,942 slabbed copies of that book in all grades, with God knows how many raw copies out in the wild.

I'm eager to read the posts of the experienced three-pack collectors around here about how uncommon that pack must be.

I'm right there with you! 

God bless!

On 10/10/2023 at 8:15 PM, Mike22 said:

Thanks for the input...Anybody out there have a range value that a 3 x Pack with a Batman #251 could sell for?

Mike

Best guess...$ 1K in average NM shape. That pack looks VF, so maybe $ 500 to 750..

Edited by nochips

1) Can CGC grade a 3-Pack? NOPE...

2) Are 3-Packs with Key Comics in them worth anything? Yes...Especially a Bats 251

3) Do I just go on the value of the comic based upon what I think the comic conditions is in the 3-Pack, Packs are tricky. They could look like one grade and have water stains, folds,  ripples and dings that do not show in the pack.

4) I know most boardies like their books graded, is there any value in keeping it in the 3-Pack. I like sealed packs..

On 10/10/2023 at 2:51 PM, MisterX said:

Wow!

I don't track the number of occurrences of each pack found during my searches, however I first spotted that pack more than 4 years ago.  So this is not the only known instance of this 3-pack.  I'd offer only my observation that it would be considered fairly rare.

As others have said, the 3-pack is probably more desirable if kept intact than if opened and valued on the three separate comics.

Here's a pic of the 3-pack that I have saved away.

dc3packC8Batman251SuperboyAndTheLegionOfSuper-Heroes197Shazam5-f.thumb.jpg.b1144744e1e98cce1e9426c1a5579753.jpgdc3packC8Batman251SuperboyAndTheLegionOfSuper-Heroes197Shazam5-b.jpg.cc5c6961267c470b5d0174a7a726f1e8.jpg