• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Lee Signing 10/20/23
1 1

13 posts in this topic

On 10/12/2023 at 3:51 AM, themlh1138 said:

I forgot to initial the shipping box with “JL” for the Jim Lee signature event for which packages are due at CGC in Sarasota on 10/20. The package is already en route to CGC. Is there anything that I can do?

I have done this before also, and the box still got opened and checked in on time for the signing. Only thing you could do is email the signature series team to let them know. But, they are out of the office until after New York Comic Con this weekend. But honestly, you should be good since you are getting you box there before the deadline. But, if you want peace of mine, like I did when I had done that, just message signatureseries@cgc.com and let them know. 

On 10/12/2023 at 9:44 AM, themlh1138 said:

Thanks for the response and for putting me at ease. I’ll reach out to them early next week (my books are scheduled to be delivered Monday) and hopefully they’ll confirm all is good.

As long as your box made it you are fine. Ive sent almost a hundred packages now and they will get to it as they always do. Good luck on the signing.

On 10/26/2023 at 9:10 AM, Gator Guru said:

Signing deadline is now Nov.10th. I had a similar issue to you but I am assuming we both are ok now. I didn’t ever see an announcement that the deadline got pushed back…

It also looks like they have added some more expensive sketch options.

I got a Wolverine head sketch during his 1st private signing a few years back. CGC has used the image of the cover he did for me as the example of the sketch option for the past few signings.  It always makes me happy seeing it whenever they announce a new Jim Lee signing. It’s probably my favorite book that I own. He left all the light pencils after he inked it. Love that man  

IMG_3544.jpeg

Edited by RobMadoo

I was already charged by CGC. I assumed I wouldn't be charged until the signing has been completed. Was charged for both the pressing and grading. First time submitting- is it typical to be billed prior to signing, grading, etc. or does this mean the process has already begun?

Thanks in advance.

On 11/5/2023 at 3:13 PM, Mil1house said:

I was already charged by CGC. I assumed I wouldn't be charged until the signing has been completed. Was charged for both the pressing and grading. First time submitting- is it typical to be billed prior to signing, grading, etc. or does this mean the process has already begun?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, what you saw is the norm and expected.  I have seen it where both happen at the same time and also case where they charge pressing and will charge the rest later.  The charge does not mean the signing has begun.  They do not have a status for Pending signing.  If you have pressing selected, it will be marked Received at CCS.  If you do not, then it will be marked Scheduled for Grading.  The signing will typically take about 2 months (that is being generous) after the due date due for submission.  Once signing has completed (no formal announcement though you will see some social media post, Facebook, showing it) the clock will then start from there for pressing and grading.