• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Man 2099 #1 press or not?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hard to say without seeing pictures - the foil 2099 covers seem to be more prone to scratching than to getting spine ticks. If you're getting them signed and graded, I think the extra money you spend on pressing at that point is probably worth it.

On 10/12/2023 at 8:04 PM, Nick R1 said:

I just sent off 4 copies of Spider-Man 2099 #1 in to be signed and i opted to have them pressed. Was this a good idea or no? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is a partial foil cover. 

Did you take pictures of the books prior to sending them off?

It doesnt matter right?  You already sent them off.  Spend your energy on something you can control.  Don't even think about these until you get them back, it won't change anything.

On 10/12/2023 at 6:04 PM, Nick R1 said:

I just sent off 4 copies of Spider-Man 2099 #1 in to be signed and i opted to have them pressed. Was this a good idea or no? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is a partial foil cover. 

On 10/13/2023 at 12:12 PM, revat said:

It doesnt matter right?  You already sent them off.  Spend your energy on something you can control.  Don't even think about these until you get them back, it won't change anything.

That's a very good point!

On 10/13/2023 at 6:16 AM, Pontoon said:

If the books had defects that could be fixed by pressing, then it was a good idea. If the books had defects that pressing would not fix, then it wasn't such a good idea.

This is a picture of one of the books. It doesn't have any defects none of them do. I just figured I would get them pressed just in case something happened to them during the signing process. 

Screenshot_20231014_162459_eBay.jpg