• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM New Gods #1
1 1

6 posts in this topic

The past 50 years have not been kind to this one.  :cry:  Was it stored in an attic?
I'd characterize the cover as having a severe tan or dark tan oxidation halo.  Be careful opening this one, as the spine paper has no doubt lost much/most of its original suppleness and is now at risk of detaching from the staples.  Max grade = 4.5 VG+.

Edited by zzutak

On 10/17/2023 at 11:42 AM, zzutak said:

The past 50 years have not been kind to this one.  :cry:  Was it stored in an attic?
I'd characterize the cover as having a severe tan or dark tan oxidation halo.  Be careful opening this one, as the spine paper has no doubt lost much/most of its original suppleness and is now at risk of detaching from the staples.  Max grade = 4.5 VG+.

It was found in a storage unit, inside a large cardboard box among 450 other books, mostly Silver age, a lot in decent and good shape but nothing bagged. Check out my thread about it in Silver age.

Thanks for the feedback. The book didn't feel brittle when I was paging through it carefully, but I probably won't be opening it up again after bagging. 

Edited by richATTK

On 10/17/2023 at 12:02 PM, richATTK said:

It was found in a storage unit

(thumbsu
For the benefit of anyone thinking about keeping their ephemera in a non climate-controlled storage unit for any length of time: DON'T (unless you live in the Rockies, the Sierras, or Salida, Colorado).  :foryou:  :hi: