• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FedEx strikes again
3 3

34 posts in this topic

On 10/21/2023 at 9:13 PM, Telegan said:

When my FedEx driver decided to start signing for my packages and leaving them on the porch even when I'm home, I cursed them out.  But now, apparently my USPS driver pretty much does the same as he has decided to sign for me, even though I'm home.  They knock and within 30 seconds sign for me and leave.  Half the time I open the door as they're still getting back into their vehicle.  Maybe I should just wait for them on a chair on the porch, but of course there's no telling when they'll arrive.

With USPS you can ask the seller to request "no electronic signature" and if the carrier just leaves it on the porch, they will be reprimanded ... not good for their career trajectory. It's also easier to request a chargeback from Paypal if something goes south. GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 10/22/2023 at 12:53 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

I have heard of FedEx doing that but never USPS. The USPS carrier would be in a lot of trouble for that. You should go to your local post office and ask to speak to the supervisor of the carriers.

What's odd is that I just looked at the tracking info again.   It was one of the more expensive (for me) packages I received, but nowhere I can see did it say signature was required.  That was a poor assumption on my part based upon previous packages and values of the items.  So maybe a signature wasn't required but they signed for it anyway?  Because it does say "signed for by" and 2 initials.  No clue what's going on there, then.

On 10/22/2023 at 11:32 AM, Gaard said:

I'm guessing you didn't happen to catch him in time to ask him about yesterday?

No but I did have a go round with the shipping hub manager earlier in the morning.  I even forwarded him the door cam footage from the time of the attempted delivery.  I asked him, "Do you see a Fed Ex truck in this footage?"  He promised, yes promised, I would receive my shipment today.  He also revealed that some drivers, when they see a signature required delivery, they'll blow if off because it slows them down.  And that's what the manager said happened here.  The driver in question from yesterday will be written up ... whatever that means.

On 10/22/2023 at 1:01 PM, workingdog said:

No but I did have a go round with the shipping hub manager earlier in the morning.  I even forwarded him the door cam footage from the time of the attempted delivery.  I asked him, "Do you see a Fed Ex truck in this footage?"  He promised, yes promised, I would receive my shipment today.  He also revealed that some drivers, when they see a signature required delivery, they'll blow if off because it slows them down.  And that's what the manager said happened here.  The driver in question from yesterday will be written up ... whatever that means.

Probably will be told keep up the good work. As long as Fedex and UPS are public company's, greasy politicians will invest in them and lobby for the USPS to be disbanded thus throwing windfall of epic proportions their way.

Options. Remember when we were given the option on who we wanted for our return shipments? Those days went bye-bye thanks to Blackstone. 

[sarcasm] It's got nothing at all to do with money. They just know what's best for it's customers. [/sarcasm]

I really can't wait for the current owners to decide that they've squeezed enough money out of this company and sell it to somebody else.

squeeze.jpg

Fed Ex is a big letdown.  I dropped several books to CGC at the New York Comic Con in October.  I was pleasantly surprised to see the books move through the pressing and grading process very quickly and the books were shipped back to me on 11/3.

On 11/6 they were supposedly returned to me at my apartment building in New Jersey.  I saw the shipping online while I was at my job. I noticed a strange name signed for it (SSMITY).  I have no idea who that is. I returned home in the evening and the books were nowhere to be found. 

I called Fed Ex to report the package missing. They opened a case but then closed it on 11/8 stating that the package could not be found and I should contact the shipper reporting it lost. They were very matter of fact when I called them on the phone to complain.  The bottom line is they don’t care! 

On the other hand, CGC Customer Service were professional navigating me through the insurance process which will take 30-60 days.  I’ll never use Fed Ex again.   I’d much rather have my books!!

image.thumb.png.fedfe1398c883bf5025bfdcbbc58d39e.png

image.thumb.png.90317607b5921182ff4542fecb9d6314.png

Edited by Steviehuv66

On 10/20/2023 at 8:17 PM, toro said:

I have all of my CGC shipments sent to the Walgreens 3 miles away.  Today I checked my submission and it said it was delivered.  I go to Walgreens they don't have it, I give them the tracking number and they said they don't have that box on their list.  I look online, in said it was delivered and signed for.  :pullhair:  Called FedEx, and they are asking me why I went to Walgreens to pick it up as they didn't send a notice. I said, because it said it was delivered!  :pullhair: :pullhair: 

Got home and saw that FedEx delivered my Heritage order.  They could have put it in any spot on my porch, but decided to leave it in the pouring rain! :pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:

Two things I don't like about FedEx.

Offshore call centers. 

Satellite shipping centers. 

And I will mention this with every FedEx employee I talk to until they get the message, and everyone else should too. 

This drop in customer service while raising rates is unacceptable for what used to be a top tier company, and until people make a stand nothing will change. 

So take a stand and say something and watch how things change. 

On 11/9/2023 at 2:37 PM, Steviehuv66 said:

Fed Ex is a big letdown.  I dropped several books to CGC at the New York Comic Con in October.  I was pleasantly surprised to see the books move through the pressing and grading process very quickly and the books were shipped back to me on 11/3.

On 11/6 they were supposedly returned to me at my apartment building in New Jersey.  I saw the shipping online while I was at my job. I noticed a strange name signed for it (SSMITY).  I have no idea who that is. I returned home in the evening and the books were nowhere to be found. 

I called Fed Ex to report the package missing. They opened a case but then closed it on 11/8 stating that the package could not be found and I should contact the shipper reporting it lost. They were very matter of fact when I called them on the phone to complain.  The bottom line is they don’t care! 

On the other hand, CGC Customer Service were professional navigating me through the insurance process which will take 30-60 days.  I’ll never use Fed Ex again.   I’d much rather have my books!!

image.thumb.png.fedfe1398c883bf5025bfdcbbc58d39e.png

image.thumb.png.90317607b5921182ff4542fecb9d6314.png

I had a similar experience with Fed Ex customer service.  In my case, the book just never was delivered.  Called customer service multiple times and they absolutely did not care at all.  Told me to tell the seller to file a claim.  I ended up driving to the shipping center and talking to someone there.  Lo and behold, the next day the book mysteriously arrived. If you can find a local Fed Ex employee and talk to them, they may be able to help. But forget customer service. 

On 11/9/2023 at 6:47 PM, conan09279 said:

I had a similar experience with Fed Ex customer service.  In my case, the book just never was delivered.  Called customer service multiple times and they absolutely did not care at all.  Told me to tell the seller to file a claim.  I ended up driving to the shipping center and talking to someone there.  Lo and behold, the next day the book mysteriously arrived. If you can find a local Fed Ex employee and talk to them, they may be able to help. But forget customer service. 

Agreed.  I'm fortunate enough to have the local hub manager's ear if there's a problem. If there's a delay or misstep along the delivery path, he'll find it and get it corrected.

Edited by workingdog