• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First time Reholder submission - Scheduled for Grading
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Submitted a CGC-graded Invincible #1 at NYCC recently for a reholder as the slab had a crack on one side. Just appeared in my submissions section online with the status 'Scheduled for Grading'. It's the first time I've submitted for a reholder and I'm now worried the 'Scheduled for Grading' means they have assessed the book as needing to be regraded rather than simply reholdered. Is that status a common part of every reholder or am I now at risk of losing the grade I had on my book?

From my experience with reholders, this is standard nomenclature. Rather than creating a custom name for the status of a reholder, they use the existing flow terms.

Depending on the severity of the crack, and if there is damage to the comic inappropriate to the current grade, it could be regraded. It is at their discretion, not common, but can happen. 

On 10/21/2023 at 4:11 PM, Lightning55 said:

From my experience with reholders, this is standard nomenclature. Rather than creating a custom name for the status of a reholder, they use the existing flow terms.

Depending on the severity of the crack, and if there is damage to the comic inappropriate to the current grade, it could be regraded. It is at their discretion, not common, but can happen. 

Thank you, this is what I was hoping - that they use that term as part of the process rather than definitively meaning they think it may qualify for a different grade. The crack was not that severe and the inner well was not compromised.