• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UK Question RE: Overstreet #33

7 posts in this topic

As far as I know, you can order them directly from us at Gemstone Publishing. You can call 1-888-375-9800 x249, a toll free call in the States but probably pay from the UK. Alternately, any comic shop there, Forbidden Planet in London etc. can order it for you from Diamond Previews.

If you do find one, let us know how much you paid for it, I have been importing my Overstreet from the US, because

A) I can't find any in Belgium

B) If I buy one from a German supplier I know, I have to pay 33% more than cover...

This year I was in luck as I bought one from Chuck at Milehigh at cover and got it shipped for free to Europe...

Hello

I got mine last Sunday from Chaos City Comics in St Albans, Hertfordshire - call 01727 838719.

They had six or seven copies still in stock (as it only came out on Friday). Chaos City order straight from the US.

However, not all of even the larger comics shops have ordered them. But as Arnold says above, Forbidden Planet (in London and Leeds etc) should definitely stock them.

And a fine read it always is too... have been buying it since 1986 - and while the pricing is certainly conservative - the wealth of information is stunning - dozens of pages of market reports plus detailed Victorian and platinum guides. Extremely entertaining and truly the "bible" of comicdom (thus all the threads here).

But before I start to sound like an advert - there are one or two minor points of constructive criticism... i.e. a few things seem to be still incorrect even in the face of supplied info to the contrary (e.g. the MM Gold info - see article in September's CBM - a bit sloppy to not include as it's from the same publisher) and the text of the book seems to ignore the market reports and own its forward (i.e. where was the newly discovered All-American promo in the guide?).

But I do like the extended prices this year - though my copy seems to now have grey text rather than black... oh my poor eyesight...

Hi,

The All-American promo comic in question is listed on pg 229 in the new edition of The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide. The book is Freihofer's Comic Book which was published in the 1940's. If you have the 32nd edition available turn to page 241 and you will see a photo of the cover of the comic featuring the All American characters.

Tom