• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auctions
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Can't speak to that particular person but many of the people who work at Heritage are also fans and collectors.  The head of Movie posters at the Texas location has bought comics from me many times and a few of the people who work at the Bev Hills branch in LA have bid on art or music ephemera.  Doubt it has much to do with flipping and more to do with being stoked on the same things you are. 

On 10/23/2023 at 12:24 AM, I like pie said:

I just had an unusual sale from my Ebay account for a slab from who appears to be the VP of Heritage.

Is this something they typically do? Buy books on the bay and flip them through their auctions?

Of course. Why not?

They're free to buy from you and visa versa. 

I actually sold a book to JIm Halperin (owner of Heritage) through eBay some 20 years ago too. Thought it was cool. 

Whether they put it into their personal collection or into an auction is all up to them after they buy it. 

It is a cool little thing to happen though. I thought it was neat when it happened to me. 

Years later I ended up talking to Jim about it and we've done deals since because of it. 

On 10/23/2023 at 12:24 PM, I like pie said:

I just had an unusual sale from my Ebay account for a slab from who appears to be the VP of Heritage.

Is this something they typically do? Buy books on the bay and flip them through their auctions?

he is a huge collector.  may just want something for his PC.

Doubt he would be wasting his time flipping books...

Halperin has bought a few things from me on eBay over the years. Always a weird surprise.

Especially when he makes an offer on a book and I'm thinking, "You're a multi millionaire with one of the most valuable collections on the planet, and you want this Forever People comic for $100 off?"

On 10/23/2023 at 9:53 AM, MatterEaterLad said:

Halperin has bought a few things from me on eBay over the years. Always a weird surprise.

Especially when he makes an offer on a book and I'm thinking, "You're a multi millionaire with one of the most valuable collections on the planet, and you want this Forever People comic for $100 off?"

When I was about 7 years old, we had a yard sale at our house on the driveway with a couple of tables and a bunch of junk that we didn't need anymore. I think I tried to sell some toys I didn't play with because they were for "little kids". Anyway, this long Cadillac drives up and the driver gets out with his wife who is wearing a full-length mink coat (this was in the days before you would get paint thrown on you). He has a giant gold ring with stones flashing on his right hand as he pulls out a $20 bill from his wallet to pay 50 cents for a single old small sauce pan that was discolored, without the lid, and the handle was loose.  They got back in their car and left.

I guess the story is worth 50 cents, since I still remember it 40 years later. lol

Edited by valiantman

On 10/23/2023 at 12:44 PM, valiantman said:

When I was about 7 years old, we had a yard sale at our house on the driveway with a couple of tables and a bunch of junk that we didn't need anymore. I think I tried to sell some toys I didn't play with because they were for "little kids". Anyway, this long Cadillac drives up and the driver gets out with his wife who is wearing a full-length mink coat (this was in the days before you would get paint thrown on you). He has a giant gold ring with stones flashing on his right hand as he pulls out a $20 bill from his wallet to pay 50 cents for a single old small sauce pan that was discolored, without the lid, and the handle was loose.  They got back in their car and left.

I guess the story is worth 50 cents, since I still remember it 40 years later. lol

Moral of this story : Even frugal pimps want a deal.

image.png.cea4d324a77fbc7ae4b3b20d3645a9a2.png

Edited by Telegan