• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about 52 (2006)
1 1

5 posts in this topic

This series seems really good to discover more about the B and C ranking character!

I wonder how DC handled it in the timeline? I thought it was published out of time because the other regular series were not discontinued during this period.

And a second question is has each series concerned by one year later jumped of 1 year in just 1 month?

Edited by BA773

It was published over a year, weekly,yeah. And yes to your second question. 

On 10/23/2023 at 3:02 PM, F For Fake said:

I loved 52, one of my favorite things DC published. Terrific creative talent, with Johns, Morrison, Rucka and Waid sharing writing duties, and Giffen being the glue that held it all together. It helped that it featured some of my all-time faves (Booster, The Question, Ralph) but I really admired how it seemed to cover so many spots in the DCU, every little disparate corner, and somehow kept it a cohesive story. I was hooked as it was being published, and have reread the omnibus a couple of times. Great book.

That really was a time when editorial had DC humming right along. Top flight creative talent doing interesting things that really seemed to hang together. Identity Crisis into Infinite Crisis Prelude minis into Infinite Crisis into 52 and One Year Later. It was an exciting time to be a DC fan. 

Yup. It was a consistently good read, nice art, and well-integrated over the long haul despite having several writers.

Then DC published Countdown to Final Crisis, which deteriorated in quality and ended up quite the opposite.

On 10/23/2023 at 10:44 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Yup. It was a consistently good read, nice art, and well-integrated over the long haul despite having several writers.

Then DC published Countdown to Final Crisis, which deteriorated in quality and ended up quite the opposite.

Yes, precisely so. I'd been SO excited about Countdown and Final Crisis, as I'd enjoyed that entire run of Identity to Infinite to 52 SO much, but it was a complete letdown. I still like Final Crisis in an of itself, but Countdown was pretty dire.