• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective comics #27 COMICLINK Nov. Cover only.
3 3

39 posts in this topic

On 11/20/2023 at 12:59 PM, szav said:

I was gonna ask about that.  So the back cover is identical to other issues printed the same month and it could be married to a comic from a totally different title?  Or is there anything that would identify it as a Tec 27 back cover but just from a different copy?

Edited by Primetime

On 11/20/2023 at 3:55 PM, Primetime said:
On 11/20/2023 at 12:59 PM, szav said:

I was gonna ask about that.  So the back cover is identical to other issues printed the same month and it could be married to a comic from a totally different title?  Or is there anything that would identify it as a Tec 27 back cover but just from a different copy?

On 10/30/2023 at 8:58 PM, Bat-Hound said:

Wish I had the chance to add this front cover to my copy. Oh well I guess I must bid to try to win. If I can’t win maybe I will sell my copy in the next featured Auction after this😃

IMG_0058.jpeg

IMG_0059.jpeg

I hope you win it. Really cool to see someone complete a copy! Might need to get investors on board though if you don’t have around $150K at your disposal haha. I hope you do 👍

On 11/21/2023 at 11:25 AM, Bat-Hound said:

Unfortunately I considered not to bid  

If I wanted to invest and keep for 5 or 10 years then I would pursue. 

Actually I may consider Auctioning my coverless sometime in the next year or two in a Comic Link focused auction. 💪

Think you should seriously consider grading it to get maximum value. 

On 11/21/2023 at 12:02 PM, Bat-Hound said:

Yes, it will be in a CGC slab before considering selling. 

Sorry if I appear odd but I'm so excited to see this slabbed and see it in auction. Tec 27 and bats 1 are my all time fav books.  Just seeing ur copy gave me goosebumps. 

It has the correct back cover, just not the one matching that exact front, meaning it likely came off an Action Comics #12 which is all the same ie. same Johnson Dept # etc. If as I suspect, one of the big dealers bought it though ... no worries ... it will magically match now when restored / conserved! ... No stinkin married labels for us! B|

On 12/1/2023 at 12:30 AM, szav said:

I’m not sure the math adds up to profit here either.  I think any complete copy, restored, qualified, married etc.  gets around 400k now.  What does a coverless copy go for now? 150-200k?  Even if you got  your coverless copy for 20-30k a decade or so ago, you might just make more and for far less effort simply selling your coverless copy.

My guess is it went to so someone that wants to marry it and keep it… or it was fought over by a couple big money players who might try and flip it again on its own in a few years.

Just to slab it will cost the consigner approx. 20-25.000$. 25K for roughly 30 minutes of work. No wonder cgc is making money.
Absolutely.  i n s a n e.

On 11/30/2023 at 3:30 PM, szav said:
On 11/30/2023 at 2:15 PM, Grendel72 said:

Im truly stunned by the price, so much so that I don't think the cost of marrying the cover to a coverless copy and having it graded makes financial sense unless its purely for the love if it. The cover can stand on its own. If I had both, I would just keep them as they are. 

I’m not sure the math adds up to profit here either.  I think any complete copy, restored, qualified, married etc.  gets around 400k now.  What does a coverless copy go for now? 150-200k?  Even if you got  your coverless copy for 20-30k a decade or so ago, you might just make more and for far less effort simply selling your coverless copy.

My guess is it went to so someone that wants to marry it and keep it… or it was fought over by a couple big money players who might try and flip it again on its own in a few years.

The last complete coverless copy sold last year for $78k at Heritage.  Not sure how much a coverless complete copy would sell for in today's market.  Might be that same owner who won it at Heritage may have bought the covers that recently sold. 

The last complete Tec 27 (The DC Universe copy) CGC 5.5 mod/ext resto sold for $275k last month. That should give an idea more or less how much a Tec 27 in restored mid grade is worth.

Edited by Dark Knight