• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THOR 5 starring Chris Hemsworth (TBD)
2 2

33 posts in this topic

On 10/26/2023 at 8:58 PM, media_junkie said:

After Love and Blunder I'm not really looking forward to a new Thor movie.

Maybe it will make up for how bad that one was :wishluck:

Just like I was hoping they would've done another Wonder Woman movie to make up for WW84 :p

On 10/26/2023 at 6:58 PM, media_junkie said:

After Love and Blunder I'm not really looking forward to a new Thor movie.

I think I saw an interview or something where Hemsworth pretty much outlined that he was kinda done with "jokey" Thor. I am one of the few that really liked Love and Thunder (I've watched it 3-4 times now, despite it's heinous flaws, most notably mis-using Christian Bale) - but I think we're due for a new Thor direction. Korg is off with the Freddy Mercury Rock Dude, and everyone has their own lives. It's the perfect opportunity to start with a clean slate.

i like hemsworth thor. taika did a great job with him in ragnarok bringing in more comedy while still making a kick butt superhero adventure. of course then he went overboard on the silliness in the next one.

i'd love to see thor v silver surfer a la SS4 in a movie. of course loki was involved in the original story, so they would probably need to come up with some new backstory. but it would be a neat way to finally introduce the surfer into the mcu, which seems very overdue. 

CLAUSE #1: No Taika :nyah:

In an interview with Inverse, Waititi confirmed he’s not currently working on Thor 5, which would be a hypothetical follow-up to his divisive Thor: Love and Thunder. Waititi said that while he heard star Chris Hemsworth and Marvel are in talks about making a fifth Thor movie, Waititi “needed a break from that.”

“It’s a very draining process working on these films for two and a half years and nonstop,” Waititi tells Inverse.

Instead, Waititi’s focus is squarely on his adaptation of Klara and the Sun, a dystopian sci-fi novel about a robot chosen to be a companion for a sickly child. The story is “something that I’ve been wanting to do for a little while now,” Waititi says. “And so I want to focus on that. And then I’ve got all this backlog of other things.”

On 11/19/2023 at 8:08 AM, Bosco685 said:

In an interview with Inverse, Waititi confirmed he’s not currently working on Thor 5, which would be a hypothetical follow-up to his divisive Thor: Love and Thunder. Waititi said that while he heard star Chris Hemsworth and Marvel are in talks about making a fifth Thor movie, Waititi “needed a break from that.”

“It’s a very draining process working on these films for two and a half years and nonstop,” Waititi tells Inverse.

Instead, Waititi’s focus is squarely on his adaptation of Klara and the Sun, a dystopian sci-fi novel about a robot chosen to be a companion for a sickly child. The story is “something that I’ve been wanting to do for a little while now,” Waititi says. “And so I want to focus on that. And then I’ve got all this backlog of other things.”

Sounds like code for "I don't want to be involved with a struggling franchise".

These little moments shape people's careers and choosing the wrong one can make or break you.

Edited by VintageComics