• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speaking of bargains

9 posts in this topic

With a few other purchases, the total was just under $70.   There was a 20% auction fee and I noticed the lots I won for a penny, he charged 100% fee. I think he should have added the lots and then applied 20%, but he did each lot individually.

Shipping would have been more than the books are worth, so I figured they'd go cheap.  A few had MCS price tags on them.

A couple had mylites, and while they were all bagged only a couple were boarded.

On 10/27/2023 at 2:40 PM, valiantman said:

Sounds like a fun mix of "grab bag" style books. If you want to spread them out and post a picture or two here, the guys on the board might enjoy seeing if there are any gems among the books you don't know much about.

Later today.

On 10/28/2023 at 7:21 PM, shadroch said:

This was meant for others to post their wins in, an extension of the thread that devolved.   I can't be the only one finding deals.

Im sorry i cannot give my contribution here, honnestly i never make a real bargain.

But i recommand you to rename the topic >> what's your greatest bargain?

This probably will not seem like a bargain to most but the (1991) X-Men #5 El Quinto Mundo (La Mole Comic Con) CGC 9.8 SS (Lee, Williams, Claremont) is posted on Ebay for $350 and the seller will accept $225 which is close to break even if you had the book done yourself at RI Comic Con a month ago.

image.thumb.jpeg.66861549041ef086fd9f5397324b1bdb.jpeg

Obviously I collect this stuff and am crazy, but just three months ago a single Jim Lee signed 9.8 sold for $500 (which was high they were going for around $300), Last three sales for 9.8 blue labels are $150, $161, and $175.

Bargain in process but... i will say nothing before the end of the auction by fear of a cgc user came into the danse to steel my treasure :roflmao: