• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st Submission - 3 of my comics are autographed by the artist and I have a ?
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Hello! I am in the process of my first sub and three of my books are autographed by the artist. I don't see anything in regard to acknowledging the autos. Is there something I need to add?? Or do I need to do a custom label. Any help would be great. Thanks! 

• Administrator

Hello @Elamb,

Thank you for contacting us. If the signing is not witnessed by an authorized CGC witness and directly submitted for grading, then the signature cannot be authenticated for Signature Series. Testimonials, photographs, video recordings, certificates of authenticity, or any other proof of signing are not accepted. Any items that have already been signed would not qualify for the Signature Series label. In most cases, they would receive a green Qualified label automatically. This allows the graders to ignore the signature for grading purposes and the book is not downgraded for the writing. Label Description | CGC (cgccomics.com). Also please do not send in COAs. Retain them for your records as they are not needed for grading and may not be returned to you.  

Lastly there is nothing else you need to do on the submission form to note these have been signed. We will attribute this automatically. Let us know if you have any other questions.