• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why does it take 10 days to open a box?

2 posts in this topic

So, I stopped submitting with CGC for over a year because unpacking books was taking days on end. I gave it a year, and now it seems to have gotten worse. Can someone in management explain why they think it is okay to charge an extra $15 per book for fast track stating a 10 day turnaround time, but then not open a box clearly labeled fast track on all sides for 10 days? This is doubling the turnaround time on books and then still charging the (higher than ever) fees. I feel it is extremely disingenuous to list a turnaround time of 10 days knowing perfectly well you are running 7 to 10 days late on opening boxes. Just an idea, but maybe use a portion of the higher than ever fees to hire some staff to unpack the books? It's a problem.

• Administrator

Hello! Great question. 

Currently, we are opening packages delivered to our comics office on 10/27. Due to the number of packages we receive on a daily basis, on top of receiving submissions from NYCC, our package opening date did suffer a little recently. Rest assured our team is devoted to getting that current 3 business day package opening timeframe back to 1 once we have finished on the NYCC backlog. I will argue that our opening timeframes are much faster now than they were a year ago and even before then. We thank you for your understanding.

If your package is past this timeline, please send me a DM with your order number, tracking number, and a description of the package and I will work with our team to have this located in the facility to see what the hold-up is. 

Let us know if you have any other questions!