• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers 4

7 posts in this topic

Great looking book, staples are clean, cover and centerfold are tight. 

But there's that little thing on the top edge to the left. Looks like a stain but is actually a loose piece reattached on the inside with a tiny piece of tape. Looks like it was done by someone who knows what they're doing. Archival tape, slightly larger than the piece itself.

Curious what y'all think?

IMG_1521.jpeg

IMG_1524-1.jpeg

IMG_1525.jpeg

IMG_1523.jpeg

IMG_1522.jpeg

IMG_1526.jpeg

IMG_1527.jpeg

Edited by MatterEaterLad
typo

The tape is always a challenge for me. From OSPG on VG 4.0:

"Only minor or unobtrusive tape and other amateur repair allowed on otherwise high grade copies."

I'd have called it 5.0 before the tape. Not sure what to think, I'll have to defer to people with more tape experience. FWIW I compared widths, it doesn't appear trimmed.

On 10/31/2023 at 4:35 PM, Dr. Balls said:

The tape is always a challenge for me. From OSPG on VG 4.0:

"Only minor or unobtrusive tape and other amateur repair allowed on otherwise high grade copies."

I'd have called it 5.0 before the tape. Not sure what to think, I'll have to defer to people with more tape experience. FWIW I compared widths, it doesn't appear trimmed.

If you fixed that spine roll the creasing on the lower-left cover would move back to the spine. Dry clean it. Maybe press the wrinkles out on the back. Would probably still come back a 4.5?

I have a 3.5 and thought this might be a nice upgrade, but then that piece... 

Edited by MatterEaterLad

On 11/1/2023 at 9:31 AM, MatterEaterLad said:

If you fixed that spine roll the creasing on the lower-left cover would move back to the spine. Dry clean it. Maybe press the wrinkles out on the back. Would probably still come back a 4.5.

I have a 3.5 and thought this might be a nice upgrade, but then that piece... 

Yeah, that little tear kinda takes the excitement out of it. That's a tough defect on a SA book - there's so many of them out there, you could probably find another 4.5 by this afternoon with almost the same appearance, but without the tear.