• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE! — CGC nefarious behavior! Any advice/help would be appreciated.
6 6

183 posts in this topic

On 11/2/2023 at 4:50 PM, VintageComics said:

This is called wisdom. lol

What is refusing to show the submitter the unboxing video called?

On 11/2/2023 at 12:53 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

What is refusing to show the submitter the unboxing video called?

A product of the majority of today's society. 

Here is a suggestion that should be included in each box (very similar to the form CGC requires when you drop off books). 

Type out on a piece of paper the following. 
1. each invoice that is included in the box

2. each number of books per invoice. 

3. a total of how many books are in the package. 

Place this at the very top (inside) of the box so it’s the first thing they see.

At a minimum it is another checklist the employee opening the box can check the contents of the package against. Fool proof? No. 

Edited by joeypost

I have also been ABSOLUTELY certain that I packed something that failed to arrive, and later found it here at the house, unpacked. Nothing creates a glitch in the space time continuum like a slice of pizza dinging in the microwave. GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I seriously doubt theft for this item as well. I have a bad feeling they thought the magazine was bottom of the box packaging. :(  Maybe it will still turn up though. They have found items seemingly lost before. 

On 11/2/2023 at 1:06 PM, jimjum12 said:

I have also been ABSOLUTELY certain that I packed something that failed to arrive, and later found it here at the house, unpacked. Nothing creates a glitch in the space time continuum like a slice of pizza dinging in the microwave. GOD BLESS ... 

I agree that happens in some instances and no one knows me and may think that could be the case. Unfortunately I wish it was. However, I had all 3 items laid out, went to another room and grabbed 2-3 Magazine boards, brought back to the table and placed the magazine in a magazine bag. Double or triple boarded it and sandwiched it up between cardboard. I then packaged the 2 comics up. I laid them together and wrapped them both up around wrap. Two orders together. Just a fact.

On 11/2/2023 at 1:06 PM, WolverineX said:

I doubt CGC , a 500 million dollar company nefariously stole that magazine.  I'm betting it was probably just accidently tossed during the unpacking... but the video stuff is just strange.  

In that context, No. But a lone employee making minimum wage, they had a skeleton crew working as many of their employees were in New York. I put nothing past an individual. I just watched 50 videos of people stealing candy at Halloween, on ring cameras all around the country, taking bowls as well and most were adults even in the company of children. I’m not saying that happened but I put nothing past anyone. If only there was video footage? Hmmm…

On 11/2/2023 at 1:11 PM, Ghostzapper said:

I agree that happens in some instances and no one knows me and may think that could be the case. Unfortunately I wish it was. However, I had all 3 items laid out, went to another room and grabbed 2-3 Magazine boards, brought back to the table and placed the magazine in a magazine bag. Double or triple boarded it and sandwiched it up between cardboard. I then packaged the 2 comics up. I laid them together and wrapped them both up around wrap. Two orders together. Just a fact.

I believe you ... CGC probably has people moving a little faster than optimal, trying to stay on top of TAT's. Then again, it could be the cute new girl that the supervisor just doesn't want to fire just yet ... either way, refusing to share the video is problematic. It doesn't lend a lot of credence to their claim. GOD BLESS ...

On 11/2/2023 at 1:18 PM, Ghostzapper said:

In that context, No. But a lone employee making minimum wage, they had a skeleton crew working as many of their employees were in New York. I put nothing past an individual. I just watched 50 videos of people stealing candy at Halloween, on ring cameras all around the country, taking bowls as well and most were adults even in the company of children. I’m not saying that happened but I put nothing past anyone. If only there was video footage? Hmmm…

I guess that's possible.  But if this was an issue, surely it would happen a lot more often, no?  Easy to track this stuff.  

I'm sure all the packing suggestions are welcome, as are the suggestions being made to help CGC better investigate the contents of a box, but these are the salient points of Ghostzapper's position:

On 11/2/2023 at 2:22 AM, Ghostzapper said:

Today I got a call from CGC, they left me a voicemail saying rather than saying in voicemail they would email me their findings and in the email they said “we reviewed the tape and there was No magazine.

On 11/2/2023 at 2:22 AM, Ghostzapper said:

I asked to send me the video, they said “we can’t do that”.

On 11/2/2023 at 1:23 PM, WolverineX said:

I guess that's possible.  But if this was an issue, surely it would happen a lot more often, no?  Easy to track this stuff.  

Maybe it does, People may just not be a member here or on social media. So it just may not be public in those cases but I’m sure it’s minimal and they do all they can do this doesn’t happen. But something happened to my magazine. I also know of another horror story I’ll share down the road. Also,  In another thread, CGC told the poster his books were lost and CGC Mike helped and they were miraculously found.

On 11/2/2023 at 1:24 PM, WolverineX said:

Yeah, the stealing Halloween stuff is terrible.  But don't lose faith in Humanity.  There are terrible people and there are great people too.

Thank you for posting this.

These stealing videos have been horrible. There was some fat :censored: in my town on video telling his kid to take the whole bowl and then told him to run. Sad that a parent would teach their kid that. Props to the parents in this video.

On 11/1/2023 at 10:22 PM, Ghostzapper said:

Any opinions or anything I’m open to hearing. I’m scrambling what to do. CGC has been no help at all.

image.png.21cf3433ef4587ebc61f7ca4385b2fae.png.e197f5000230e23511e4844c7550fc0e.png

I stole that.   Not sorry.

Anyway...

I don't know that they owe you any video.  It's their property and there is likely some policy that prohibits it.  But it could help if you were to say "that's not the bottom of the box...that's the magazine!".

But, there's a chance the angle of view could disclose company secrets.   Like the room with the "Quality Control" sign that's crossed out and "Nap Room" is written underneath.  🤷

On 11/2/2023 at 9:46 AM, jimjum12 said:

If it opens from the top, it could easily have been overlooked if the mag was on the bottom ... if sideways, there's not much excuse. That's why I asked. When I ship multiple packets within a larger box, I do like Roy said and tape them all together, so they ALL come out. I, too, have mistaken a cardboard sandwich as just another piece of cardboard. GOD BLESS ... 

My question would be what do they do with the boxes? I can't imagine they reuse them so somebody must flatten them and dispose of them. 

It's not as if the box was thrown out without being flattened.