• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your favourite alternative suit of a comics charachter?
2 2

18 posts in this topic

What's your favourite alternative suit? 

A suit which include unusual accessories or not respect the original color code of the charachter. 

If you have no idea >> 

-Green Lantern by Geoff Johns, near of the entire dc universe was connected to the events of this series, and every charachter was join a corps and has received a totally new style.

- Marvel 2099, a lot of futurist redesign for many charachters

- DC around Zero Hour and New 52, this 2 period was redesign many charachters in the universe, i think to Flash and Superman who received  a blue suit for a short time after Zero hour. And Nightwing who received a Red suit during the new 52.

It was just some, there is a lot of others, and some charachters had a lot of different styles during the years like Ironman with so many armors.

On 11/4/2023 at 1:59 PM, BA773 said:

Maybe this terrible doctor fate version? :roflmao:

Fate_1.jpg.7887130f32c4450a70aa899d992aff9e.jpg

That was terrible. Dr Fate should never have been turned into a Cable clone. Typical 90s rubbish.

On 11/4/2023 at 3:03 PM, Ken Aldred said:

That was terrible. Dr Fate should never have been turned into a Cable clone. Typical 90s rubbish.

You will never change my opinion on the 90s i love this era but yes there are like in each times some totally awful things and unfortunately the doctor fate is one of them, actually i still not have found something good to read about this fabulous charachter :| maybe the De Matteis Run but i wasnt sure to appreciate the style who look like to be really "humoristic" 

On 11/4/2023 at 2:09 PM, BA773 said:

You will never change my opinion on the 90s i love this era but yes there are like in each times some totally awful things and unfortunately the doctor fate is one of them, actually i still not have found something good to read about this fabulous charachter :| maybe the De Matteis Run but i wasnt sure to appreciate the style who look like to be really "humoristic" 

The period wasn’t all bad, but a lot of this kind of grim-and-gritty remodelling went on.

I absolutely love the Elektra DD costume:

marco-chechetto.thumb.webp.ebe150036389aae70bcaaccc7a29e570.webp

I think this was fan art but I really like this Cpt. Marvel redisign:

image.png.5284c0d4581ab2b7538da25cd9b1a981.png

The 90's Rogue costume is the best but also would have liked to see more of her Shi'Ar costume:

Rogue_(Anna_Marie)_(Earth-616)-Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_350_001.webp.277fef5dc902babcdf718f63316a7206.webpRogue_(Anna_Marie)_(Earth-616)-Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_342_001.webp.5793fe966538d34c25767c357eb40518.webp

Not much of a change but the black body suit with the yellow trench coat really made the Vampire Jubilee character:

image.png.12ff8d679369750255c30ac9d15fd92b.png

Edited by DougC

On 11/4/2023 at 7:04 PM, Poekaymon said:

I stopped collecting before X-Force came out, but I think Wolverine's X-Force costume is pretty badass.

xf.thumb.jpg.70e42aa338f3ac3d1b64656fb5e2cb66.jpg

I think these colors doesn't really correspond to wolverine.

The Elektra is awesome, look really devilish!

On 11/5/2023 at 3:15 AM, MatterEaterLad said:

I always like Iron Man's stealth armor.

detail.jpg

Silver Centurion for me.

867467.jpg

Edited by Ken Aldred

I prefer green Hulk over grey Hulk...

Hulk - Wikipedia

Strongest Character Grey Hulk Can Beat? - Battles - Comic Vine | Hulk  marvel, Hulk sketch, Marvel comics art

On 11/5/2023 at 7:25 AM, s-man said:

I prefer green Hulk over grey Hulk...

Hulk - Wikipedia

Strongest Character Grey Hulk Can Beat? - Battles - Comic Vine | Hulk  marvel, Hulk sketch, Marvel comics art

Really smart, I totally missed that hulk was grey on the first books!

Edited by BA773