• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #3 Variant Cover.... OR NOT.?.?.?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

How did CGC get this wrong? Or did they? Is this a con? All I know is that the CGC label says variant, but that is not the variant. Am I missing something? On ebay as "Rare CGC 9.6 NM Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #3 + Variant 1st Print 1985 Tmnt" I am genuinely curious as to what is going on here. 

If I am violating any forum rules please just let me know so that I don't do it again. I didn't link to an ebay sale, which I pretty sure is a no-no.

screenshot-www.ebay.com-2023.11.04-16_01_28.png

On 11/4/2023 at 5:03 PM, AmbassadorSlip said:

How did CGC get this wrong? Or did they? Is this a con? All I know is that the CGC label says variant, but that is not the variant. Am I missing something? On ebay as "Rare CGC 9.6 NM Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #3 + Variant 1st Print 1985 Tmnt" I am genuinely curious as to what is going on here. 

If I am violating any forum rules please just let me know so that I don't do it again. I didn't link to an ebay sale, which I pretty sure is a no-no.

screenshot-www.ebay.com-2023.11.04-16_01_28.png

Probably a case where the submitter decided it must be the variant (because why wouldn't they try to claim it's the rare version), and the data entry (quality assurance) person didn't know the difference.

On 11/6/2023 at 11:55 AM, valiantman said:

Probably a case where the submitter decided it must be the variant (because why wouldn't they try to claim it's the rare version), and the data entry (quality assurance) person didn't know the difference.

I wouldn't expect data entry to know, nor should they.

The grader should.