• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What issues in ASM 100-200 are hardest to get in 9.8?
1 1

39 posts in this topic

Title says it all and I hope I’m in right thread for this or I’m sure I will be told by  people in two minutes.  

My main goal in collecting has been to assemble a full 100-200 ASM Cgc 9.8 white page collection and I have been at it for about four years. I am a little over half way and wondered if people who have seen more than me which issues seem to be the hardest to get?

Go spidey!!

Nothing ASM bronze js hard to get. If you have the money any book is available in ample supply.

If you are really anal and break it down into variants, then you might run into problems.
But other than that, this has to be the easiest high grade run in existence

On 11/4/2023 at 8:40 PM, CONathan said:

Title says it all and I hope I’m in right thread for this or I’m sure I will be told by  people in two minutes.  

My main goal in collecting has been to assemble a full 100-200 ASM Cgc 9.8 white page collection and I have been at it for about four years. I am a little over half way and wondered if people who have seen more than me which issues seem to be the hardest to get?

Go spidey!!

ASM 102.

On 11/5/2023 at 4:45 AM, NP_Gresham said:

Nothing ASM bronze is hard to get. If you have the money any book is available in ample supply.

If you are really anal and break it down into variants, then you might run into problems.
But other than that, this has to be the easiest high grade run in existence

Exactly the primary challenge is for one's wallet. Which for some who have commented in this very thread means no true challenge at all. 

To the OP/CONathan ;

My apologies I'm not minimizing your quest only mentioning that is is achievable and popular. Best of luck!

Edited by MAR1979

On 11/5/2023 at 11:25 AM, CONathan said:

With only as little as 11 9.8’s in some issues.  How is it easy? And how many can be white pages only?  I am curious does anyone have a full run of ASM 100-200 all 9.8 white pages?

cheers

? , I stated "Achievable", certainly not "easy".  Those 9.8's with low pops come up at major auction houses from time to time, only a matter of having the coin to acquire them.

Have you looked at the CGC registry to see if  100-200 run exists in WP's? https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=275

There are currently 546 101-200 sets registered of which 10 are 100% complete. At least 2 of which are all 9.8 or above.

Best bet is ; https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=97817&SelectedTab=SetListing

The set description indicates; Tommy's Spidey 100s (All White) that said only way to verify is look at each book, this means if you expend the effort to check you can be a compiler/supplier of the data benefiting not only yourself but others. The set owner also has a 9.8w #100 in another set; https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=96290

We look forward to you presenting your findings!

Edited by MAR1979

On 11/5/2023 at 10:25 AM, CONathan said:

With only as little as 11 9.8’s in some issues.  How is it easy? And how many can be white pages only?  I am curious does anyone have a full run of ASM 100-200 all 9.8 white pages?

cheers

I can tell you this much.

One of the rarest that you can imagine is in an auction going on right now on Heritage.

And Momma, is it a looker!!

:whatthe:

On 11/6/2023 at 3:37 AM, namisgr said:

@CONathan if you are truly serious in your quest go after that 104 and 106 first and foremost. IMHO do whatever you can to get it!  It may be a long while before another with your narrow criteria hits the market and by then price could very well be multiples of today.

As noted 104 through emperical data is rarest in 9.8...  Miss out now miss out for probably half a decade or more.

Fortune favors the bold... good luck

Edited by MAR1979

On 11/6/2023 at 10:01 AM, sledgehammer said:

It looks like there is almost no white showing at the top of the spine on that 104, and between 1/8th and a 1/4 at the bottom.

My dream has been to land an all black edge in 9.0 or higher.

Most have a varying degree of white at the edge in high grade.

This one may look pretty bad in person.

Heritage sold another ASM 104 in 9.8 condition with white pages in January of this year, and before that in 2021.  The copy that sold this year went for over $7800, and that was a lower price than the copy from two years ago fetched, and much lower than the $12K that a Suscha News copy sold for earlier than that.  So if you're unwilling to dip below the 9.8 level, a wee bit of crookedness on the cover wrap might not look great, but also might help keep the price out of the stratosphere.