• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
27 27

1,923 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2024 at 5:34 PM, Neo "The One" said:

I don't wish him death - but I am still angry with what he did.

I wish death on Christmas to people on Rte 110 that drive 20mph, or the people that slow down on the Northern State Pkwy to look upward through the windshield to see where the rain is coming from, or the people the guy riding in a lane on the Southern State Pkwy on an eBike (saw that over the weekend), or the people that pause at the bottom of the subway steps to look at their phone with everyone else behind them, or the people that wait until they get to the counter at the pizza place to START looking at a menu while the guy behind the counter shakes his head in disgust and I just want to pick up a pie... 

You get the idea... 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 8/19/2024 at 5:34 PM, Neo "The One" said:

I don't wish him death - but I am still angry with what he did.

To be clear I was not wishing him death. Just what might happen in prison. 

On 8/20/2024 at 8:16 AM, Buzzetta said:

I wish death on Christmas to people on Rte 110 that drive 20mph, or the people that slow down on the Northern State Pkwy to look upward through the windshield to see where the rain is coming from, or the people the guy riding in a lane on the Southern State Pkwy on an eBike (saw that over the weekend), or the people that pause at the bottom of the subway steps to look at their phone with everyone else behind them, or the people that wait until they get to the counter at the pizza place to START looking at a menu while the guy behind the counter shakes his head in disgust and I just want to pick up a pie... 

You get the idea... 

People who ride recumbent bikes in traffic, although they'll probably get weeded out by their own antics.

On 8/19/2024 at 6:16 PM, Buzzetta said:

You get the idea... 

LOL - I know Route 110 very well.  8am on a Monday, 5pm on a Friday!  I'm not a saint...

On 8/19/2024 at 8:02 PM, wombat said:

To be clear I was not wishing him death. Just what might happen in prison. 

LOL - I know.  I'm an easy going guy in real life.  Guys a Jerk (Mike) - we'll see.

On 8/19/2024 at 8:50 PM, Neo "The One" said:

LOL - I know Route 110 very well.  8am on a Monday, 5pm on a Friday!  I'm not a saint...

There is a very good reason I go that Costco about an hour before they close in the evening.

On 8/19/2024 at 9:36 PM, Neo "The One" said:

So - started branching out and found posts on CBCS, Reddit etc.  Came across a video from "You're Boy" (Not mine) GEM MINT.  Boy how times have changed... 

THEN:

NOW: 

On 8/20/2024 at 11:36 AM, Neo "The One" said:

So - started branching out and found posts on CBCS, Reddit etc.  Came across a video from "You're Boy" (Not mine) GEM MINT.  Boy how times have changed... 

THEN:

How to DEgrade comics with Hero Restoration, more like it.

Wow! Finally, Wow! I’ve been checking this thread every few weeks hoping to hear news of his arrest and it finally happened! So glad to see this was taken seriously and that tool is where he belongs. 

It really makes me wonder though… I had a book with Mike. He gave me the same runaround he gave everyone else. “It’s in the next box” “I’ve been busy, I’ll have it out in the next week or so” always an excuse. But then in the midst of all of this, it suddenly showed up in the mail one day about 6-8 months ago. So why did I get mine back? It was a $3,000 book at the time, raw, easy to sell. It was even packaged extremely well. I don’t know what his thought process was when it came to the books in his possession, but I’m grateful I had a quicker ending than most will see.

I’ll be looking forward to seeing how this story develops further

On 8/20/2024 at 3:15 PM, Magickyak said:

Wow! Finally, Wow! I’ve been checking this thread every few weeks hoping to hear news of his arrest and it finally happened! So glad to see this was taken seriously and that tool is where he belongs. 

It really makes me wonder though… I had a book with Mike. He gave me the same runaround he gave everyone else. “It’s in the next box” “I’ve been busy, I’ll have it out in the next week or so” always an excuse. But then in the midst of all of this, it suddenly showed up in the mail one day about 6-8 months ago. So why did I get mine back? It was a $3,000 book at the time, raw, easy to sell. It was even packaged extremely well. I don’t know what his thought process was when it came to the books in his possession, but I’m grateful I had a quicker ending than most will see.

I’ll be looking forward to seeing how this story develops further

Did he do a good job on it?

On 8/20/2024 at 1:34 AM, Steven Valdez said:

Did he do a good job on it?

Honestly it was as easy a job as you could get. It was a UF4 Variant that just had a non color breaking crease on the cover and some unfixable spine dings. I had it at 8.5-9.0 when it bought it raw but a 9.2-9.4 after a press. I press 90% of my own books but moderns can be screwed up real bad if you’re not careful. So given the value of the book I thought I would send it to be professionally pressed. I had sent books to Hero in the past (when they were actually a real business) and was happy with the service I got. That’s why I was comfortable using them again with a bigger book not realizing “them” was now just a single delusional man losing his grip on reality.

So yeah- he did a good job taking a year to do something an amateur could likely also have accomplished. The book came back a 9.6 (I received it back raw from Mike and submitted it myself) which I honestly felt was overheated. It’s a solid 9.4 realistically. I was definitely one of the lucky ones

On 8/20/2024 at 4:07 PM, Magickyak said:

Honestly it was as easy a job as you could get. It was a UF4 Variant that just had a non color breaking crease on the cover and some unfixable spine dings. I had it at 8.5-9.0 when it bought it raw but a 9.2-9.4 after a press. I press 90% of my own books but moderns can be screwed up real bad if you’re not careful. So given the value of the book I thought I would send it to be professionally pressed. I had sent books to Hero in the past (when they were actually a real business) and was happy with the service I got. That’s why I was comfortable using them again with a bigger book not realizing “them” was now just a single delusional man losing his grip on reality.

So yeah- he did a good job taking a year to do something an amateur could likely also have accomplished. The book came back a 9.6 (I received it back raw from Mike and submitted it myself) which I honestly felt was overheated. It’s a solid 9.4 realistically. I was definitely one of the lucky ones

Glad to see you got a decent result, despite the long wait. Seems he was OK on easier jobs, but got all flustered on bigger projects.

Edited by Steven Valdez