• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
27 27

1,927 posts in this topic

On 8/20/2024 at 1:15 AM, Magickyak said:

Wow! Finally, Wow! I’ve been checking this thread every few weeks hoping to hear news of his arrest and it finally happened! So glad to see this was taken seriously and that tool is where he belongs. 

It really makes me wonder though… I had a book with Mike. He gave me the same runaround he gave everyone else. “It’s in the next box” “I’ve been busy, I’ll have it out in the next week or so” always an excuse. But then in the midst of all of this, it suddenly showed up in the mail one day about 6-8 months ago. So why did I get mine back? It was a $3,000 book at the time, raw, easy to sell. It was even packaged extremely well. I don’t know what his thought process was when it came to the books in his possession, but I’m grateful I had a quicker ending than most will see.

I’ll be looking forward to seeing how this story develops further

Yeah - I don't get it.  I was not one of those guys hounding Mike or threatening him with legal action at the time.  He just completely ghosted me and then some time during the beginning of this year (actually December 23rd last year - I only found out this year because of the good people on this board) my book showed up as sold by geek bay on Ebay.  Why me or my book?  No idea.  Again - it is not all about me, but I don't know what his reasoning was (if any).

Edited by Neo "The One"

Well this gets a  :jawdrop:. At the end of the day I'm not totally surprised. Mike and I did not see eye to eye when he first started out in 2008-09. I had issues with his methods and visibility to work being done. At the same time, I feel for him and his demise as a professional and member of the community. I was not posting much from 2014 - 2019 and it seems that he had made some strides during that time. Glad that there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel for this and hopefully people will get some restitution.

Hey all, I did not see my book on his ebay page or on mycomicshop. Ebay doesn't show any results for any books and I can't see any past auctions for mycomicshop. I contact the police dept after the article came out and am talking with them now. Can anyone provide any info? 

On 8/20/2024 at 7:32 PM, Copy801 said:

Hey all, I did not see my book on his ebay page or on mycomicshop. Ebay doesn't show any results for any books and I can't see any past auctions for mycomicshop. I contact the police dept after the article came out and am talking with them now. Can anyone provide any info? 

@mycomicshop

On 8/20/2024 at 9:32 PM, Copy801 said:

I imagine the detective is your best bet right now. It sounds like MCS shipped books back to the detective.  I'm not sure where else to look. 

Unfortunately that means, the best case scenario is you'll wait many months to get your books back.

The worst case scenario is it's been sold.  

Good luck and let us know the outcome. 

On 8/20/2024 at 11:39 PM, KCOComics said:

I imagine the detective is your best bet right now. It sounds like MCS shipped books back to the detective.  I'm not sure where else to look. 

Unfortunately that means, the best case scenario is you'll wait many months to get your books back.

The worst case scenario is it's been sold.  

Good luck and let us know the outcome. 

Thanks for that. I paid Hero by paypal goods and services so i'm going to try calling paypal tomorrow. Hopefully they can do something, but it's been about four years so i'm not sure....

On 8/20/2024 at 9:32 PM, Copy801 said:

I have records of all the sold books from geekbay / Mike or associate on eBay.  What was the book?  I agree you should reach out to mycomicshop and the Detective (DM me if you need - I can make an intro for you) to see if they have come across your book.  

On 8/20/2024 at 11:49 PM, Copy801 said:

Thanks for that. I paid Hero by paypal goods and services so i'm going to try calling paypal tomorrow. Hopefully they can do something, but it's been about four years so i'm not sure....

Also MyComicShop has been active on this thread - you can reach out to them via the board / DM as well (they are quick to respond).

On 8/20/2024 at 11:50 PM, Neo "The One" said:

I have records of all the sold books from geekbay / Mike or associate on eBay.  What was the book?  I agree you should reach out to mycomicshop and the Detective (DM me if you need - I can make an intro for you) to see if they have come across your book.  

My book was All Star Comics 3

There so far doesn’t seem to be indicators of it, but it is possible some books were sold on other auction sites.  If I had a missing book(s), I would also check with the other major auction sites.

someone else could have bought then sold on those sights as well.  It all sucks and nobody deserves it, but there are still steps one can take 

Ok, I just submitted a case with paypal since I paid him goods and services. Keep in mind this was just over 3 years ago so I don't know if they will be able to do anything, but I'm trying anyway.