• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What was going on the day you joined the boards.....

34 posts in this topic

Had a quiet hour this morning and so I decided to go back and look at what was happening on the boards the day that I joined. I have never been too lucky when it comes to world shattering events on my own birth date but I certainly bagged a couple of great threads and one forum legend.......

Enjoy

Moral Dilemma

Gay Rawhide Kid preview

and a forum legend............

Gypsies, tramps and thieves

Good question,Shroom...............I do know I was born on April 9th,1965,one hundred years to the day the South surrendered in the Civil War.I think I joined the boards on April 14th,the day Lincoln was shot,but I may be wrong................I have a feeling I may have been a Civil War soldier in my past life..............probably got shot in the head while sippin some moonshine............ thumbsup2.gif

I don't remember what prompted my first post, but I do remember getting trashed by JC for about 4 pages. I think the argument was about comic book investing. makepoint.gif
Yeah,JC chewed me a new one too when I joined,but I just figured he was an angry collector..........maybe we should call him AC......... confused-smiley-013.gif

Good question,Shroom...............I do know I was born on April 9th,1965,one hundred years to the day the South surrendered in the Civil War.I think I joined the boards on April 14th,the day Lincoln was shot,but I may be wrong................I have a feeling I may have been a Civil War soldier in my past life..............probably got shot in the head while sippin some moonshine............ thumbsup2.gif

Here's one for your Board Day....

Jason Ewart replies.......

Here's one for your Board Day....

Jason Ewart replies.......

classic stuff Shroom,over a year before he got popped..........if it looks like a duck............... confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey, I'll take my lumps fair and square. You were right, Red!!!

"Say it ain't so, Jason!".... 27_laughing.gif

I don't remember what exactly was going on the day I joined (how does one do search to get a snapshot of that day?). But I did it right after attending the ChicagoCon Forum dinner. I'd been lurking for a while, and Steve B cajoled me into going to the dinner, and it was such a blast I wanted to get in on the love, the flame wars, the graemlin wars, etc.

yay.gif

That's should be easy. I was at work...doing very little waiting for a couple of servers to get upgraded. Thought about CGC, looked it up, noticed the boards....lurked around for a while and said, "Aihhh, I will get around to posting one of these days." etc.

That's should be easy. I was at work...doing very little waiting for a couple of servers to get upgraded. Thought about CGC, looked it up, noticed the boards....lurked around for a while and said, "Aihhh, I will get around to posting one of these days." etc.

This one didn't start on your board day but close enough.......

Another forum legend.....

Neal Adams and the Life, the Universe and everything......

This one didn't start on your board day but close enough.......

Another forum legend.....

Neal Adams and the Life, the Universe and everything......

Ah yes, Neal and his inevitable theories. How we laughed....