• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Personal app developer looking for API access understanding
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Greetings! I hope you're well CGC team!

I am a avid comic collector by night and a software consultant by day. I am bumping into issues trying to gather per-slab data based on certification numbers for an app I'm building to track the slabs in my collection. I have seen the discussion of API access for comic vendors and while I aspire to reach that point, my collection is my current issue as well as my interest in exploring means of maintaining it. I do not wish to tread on any rate limit toes or to raise any ire, I work with APIs all day, I appreciate the work done by you all.

Thank you for your time in reading this,

- J

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 12.18.44 AM.jpg

• Administrator

Hello! We do throttle the number of lookups any user can do when using our certification lookup tool including dealers. This is done to prevent programs or users from scrubbing through all of our cert numbers However, CGC Authorized dealers do have the added benefit of access to these APIs to skip over this so they are not locked from the cert lookup tool. Unfortunately, the only way to receive access to this data is by applying and being approved for a Dealer account.

One thing I will suggest is to always be logged into your customer-paid account when using the lookup tool. This will allow you more lookups before hitting the lock-out wall. I hope this helps! I am sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.