• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When Title Logos and Cover Elements go KERFLOOEY!
4 4

65 posts in this topic

Love the original ASM logo when it's adorned on a marquee, billboard, or made into a neon sign; reminds me of what could've been when Spidey was a stage performer, which we all know was cut VERY short due to his tragic mistake of not detaining a fleeing burglar after his stage act...but now shows the testament how famous Spidey is in our reality...

marcos-martin-amazing-spider-man-700-variant-195x300.jpg.446697a19fb9d28c72432066fe5ab9df.jpg

Amazing_Spider-Man_Annual_Vol_1_37.webp.780e430db5cbfa4ff73550bceaa34ad3.webp

On 11/11/2023 at 9:18 AM, Sandflea said:

Love the original ASM logo when it's adorned on a marquee, billboard, or made into a neon sign; reminds me of what could've been when Spidey was a stage performer, which we all know was cut VERY short due to his tragic mistake of not detaining a fleeing burglar after his stage act...but now shows the testament how famous Spidey is in our reality...

marcos-martin-amazing-spider-man-700-variant-195x300.jpg.446697a19fb9d28c72432066fe5ab9df.jpg

Amazing_Spider-Man_Annual_Vol_1_37.webp.780e430db5cbfa4ff73550bceaa34ad3.webp

Another good example of this: 

image.thumb.png.63019aeffb781912268a67f636114337.png

On 11/10/2023 at 8:20 PM, BronzeBruce13 said:

SOMETHING NEW  (not resurrected (:)

When Title Logos and Cover Elements go KERFLOOEY!... or something interesting is done graphically, etc.

IMG_3177.jpg

I just realized this a few years ago (it maybe would have been more obvious if I had been collecting at the time, but I didn't start reading comics until a few years later), but on this cover, BRB destroys the decades-old logo, necessitating the implementation of a new logo on the cover of the next issue. I don't know if there are other examples of that.

On 11/11/2023 at 10:18 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I just realized this a few years ago (it maybe would have been more obvious if I had been collecting at the time, but I didn't start reading comics until a few years later), but on this cover, BRB destroys the decades-old logo, necessitating the implementation of a new logo on the cover of the next issue. I don't know if there are other examples of that.

Didn't realize that either. Cool info. :headbang:

If you have 338, post it alongside the 337