• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[HELP] Grading SEGA Mushiking cards
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I am interested in sending a handful of Mushiking cards to CGC for encapsulation. 

I've noted that there is no specific data field in the submission form for these cards. I am curious if it is possible to request an authenticated attribute without a numeric grade. 

16d047b2-751f-4a77-bfda-5d8f821bb7e6.jpg

• Administrator

Hello @Alvin Chew

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing a photo of your cards! If your cards are not currently listed in the database, you can submit them by using the "I can't find my card" link and entering the card details manually. Please confirm that your cards are compatible with our size restrictions - currently, CGC Cards accepts cards sized 2-5/8” x 3-3/4” (6.6cm x 9.5cm) or smaller. Cards may be up to 7.25mm thick.\

Unfortunately, we do not offer the option to request authentication only. The Authentic designation is used for cards that are authentic and unaltered but cannot receive a numeric grade. An example is a card with a missing portion of the stock, such as when a card that was meant to be hand-cut falls below the published measurement tolerance, like an early 20th-century strip card. This designation is only applied at the discretion of the grading team. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

On 11/13/2023 at 9:37 PM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @Alvin Chew

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing a photo of your cards! If your cards are not currently listed in the database, you can submit them by using the "I can't find my card" link and entering the card details manually. Please confirm that your cards are compatible with our size restrictions - currently, CGC Cards accepts cards sized 2-5/8” x 3-3/4” (6.6cm x 9.5cm) or smaller. Cards may be up to 7.25mm thick.\

Unfortunately, we do not offer the option to request authentication only. The Authentic designation is used for cards that are authentic and unaltered but cannot receive a numeric grade. An example is a card with a missing portion of the stock, such as when a card that was meant to be hand-cut falls below the published measurement tolerance, like an early 20th-century strip card. This designation is only applied at the discretion of the grading team. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

@NickiO CS thanks for the advise. Another question is how should I go about with the naming convention for these cards?  In terms of the attributes, eg [Set name] [Year] etc etc. 

• Administrator

Hello @Alvin Chew, please just fill in the information that you can. You may need to do a tiny bit of research on your side to be able to fill in as many fields as possible when entering the cards. If anything is incorrect, it will be corrected by the verification/grading team.

Please let us know if you need help with anything else. Thank you!