• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiderman #13 got the purple label and I found the restoration(pic)

16 posts in this topic

check this out

restored.jpg

a little longer than 1/8th of an inch long somone used a black pen to graze color onto a crack in the black on the spine, didnt even cover the crack over so that you cant see it you can still see the crack looking at it you just cant see the ink unless you use a magnifying glass MUTHA FUKER.

Cripes - that's painful just to think about - my condolences, Titan.

I just saw an All-Flash #4 that got a 6.5 from CGC, with "slight restoration." The restoration consisted of, in CGC's words, "a small drop of glue at bottom staple." You can't see the glue now that it's slabbed, of course... tragic.

Couldn't some of these "alleged" restorations be just printing defects or accidents at the printing press or the distributor's warehouse?

Garthgantu

"HUH confused.gif "

In his post above, the usual "superlative, all knowing" Rudd admitted that he wasn't the world's leading authority on detecting slight restoration, as present on the Spiderman 13. I was taken aback by his candid admission. I would have never expected him to admit to not being omnipotent. Impotent, YES! Omnipotent...no.

yes and no .......a friend of mine asked me to auction a #13 for him thats raw, but hes asking to much, reserve was $600 and I used an old pic of mine, his doesnt have the spine stress mine has and his corners are sharp also, so whoever would have won would have been surprised because his is better...just couldnt get a pic hes in jersey and Im in Queens.....Im relisting with a pic of his next friday when he comes up to drop off more books.........as of right now this one is slabbed, I dont know what to do with it no one wants a restored book......Im also waiting for a supposedly 9.2 #13............but well see about that......Im having problems getting a nice #13 frown.gif

I'm also having problems with that book. I have found though that interestingly enough a lot of the higher grade copies (I haven't found a 9.4 yet) have white pages on this book.

Brian

Why don't you try getting it restored further? I mean it's already a Purple label and VF- so if it only costs $150-200 to bring it up to a 9.0 or higher it might be worth it when you try selling. I guess it depends on how much you paid in the first place.

well the messed up part is I paid $400, Im never going to get my money back on this book if I sell now.......Im in talks with the seller to exchange........it was bought with a grade of VF/NM..........and a restored 7.5 just wont do it on ebay...............I wonder if there is any way to remove restoration.......the thing is I think its pen ink and you know how hard that is to get off of paper???