• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Uncanny X-Men 266
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hey all, picked up a nice copy of xmen 266 over the weekend. I'm planning on getting it cleaned and pressed because I don't see any color breaks on it, I'm hoping that will clear up any minor imperfections (mainly the non color breaking spine tics and the top left corner crunch) however I'm mainly concerned about the ink(?) On the back. Would that be a stain or a printing defect? And would a clean help clear that up? Any insight is appreciated, thanks! 

20231114_111536.jpg

20231114_111538.jpg

20231114_111540.jpg

20231114_111543.jpg

20231114_111551.jpg

20231114_111520.jpg

20231114_111515.jpg

On 11/15/2023 at 1:33 PM, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

I don't recall seeing the ink on my copy.....I'll try looking for my copy and checking for it.

Yeah I looked up a few other cgc scans and I didn't find any with it. It does look like ink smudging though, maybe from distribution? Any idea if a clean can get rid of that since it's on a plain white background? And would that be the main thing holding it back from higher than a 9.2?

Ya ...my copy is clean and doesn't have any of that ink or whatever it is.....I'm at like a 9.0 now.....it does seem like a distribution thing.....I can't imagine a cleaning .......clearing it up........but I'm not sure.......that said if your looking to buy a copy do you buy a copy with distribution ink on it or do you buy one that's clean ?  Maybe they grade out around the same point but appearance is everything.  Hopefully someone who is well versed in this stuff will chime in and give you the pro's and con.