• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Future Tense 5 (Warlock)
1 1

5 posts in this topic

In the spirit of bringing things off the beaten path to this forum, give this one a shot. I became aware of its existence mindlessly scrolling on the interwebs. In typical UK fashion, the Warlock story is one of several and this is the last part of Marvel Premiere 1. I believe that book is split between issues 1-5, but this is the one with the iconic Gil Kane cover. It's all newsprint quality paper and magazine size. Shipping from the UK was more than the lot of books this is from. Most of the rest are lower grade.

PXL_20231116_175440088.jpg

PXL_20231116_175448000.jpg

PXL_20231116_175503262.jpg

PXL_20231116_175532478.jpg

PXL_20231116_175555996.jpg

Looks round about a 7.0 but it's really hard to grade 'all newsprint' type comics. I was unaware of this book until now! I remember it being a big deal when the British weekly Mighty World of Marvel went to glossy covers (and a slight change of interior stock) with issue 67 (I think) and it's a shame that other UK weeklies were newsprint covers as it lowers the overall aesthetic appeal to a degree. 

Dropped this one off for s***s & giggles if nothing else. Probably won't get c&p'd until after the holidays. I'm still waiting for magazines submitted last year about this time, so plenty of time to weigh in with more guesses. 

giphy.gif

Edited by scburdet