• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A question about Forum Journals and the new format
3 3

7 posts in this topic

I was actually thinking of starting a new Journal for myself but have realized that the format has changed. 

Can someone explain why they changed the format?

The new format looks unreadable to me and I can't stand it. I much preferred the older format that just looked like traditional threads.

Anyone have any input, or point me to a thread where this discussion happened?

I haven't been here a lot over the last year+ so I've lost touch. 

On 11/16/2023 at 8:54 PM, CAHokie said:

In a word per post basis, you have made up for the lost time. :baiting:

I prefer to think of it as an IQ per post basis. :D

Edited by VintageComics

On 11/17/2023 at 1:47 AM, VintageComics said:

I was actually thinking of starting a new Journal for myself but have realized that the format has changed. 

Can someone explain why they changed the format?

The new format looks unreadable to me and I can't stand it. I much preferred the older format that just looked like traditional threads.

Anyone have any input, or point me to a thread where this discussion happened?

I haven't been here a lot over the last year+ so I've lost touch. 

Roy, if you read the post I made below you'll see that my advice, expressed with no small measure of disappointment, is to not bother with the Journal area. The content of the thread explains the background and what led me to that conclusion.

Journals Exist! Go and Have a Look at Them

On 11/29/2023 at 1:17 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Roy, if you read the post I made below you'll see that my advice, expressed with no small measure of disappointment, is to not bother with the Journal area. The content of the thread explains the background and what led me to that conclusion.

Journals Exist! Go and Have a Look at Them

Thank you. I did a little digging around and found them entirely unreadable and unusable. I liked the old format. 

I was going to start a Journal but probably not at this point. 

Which, really should be a big disappointment for EVERYONE because I could have written all sorts of shizzle out there that nobody would have to read, so now I guess you're all stuck with me here. :devil:

hqdefault.jpg.b72bdb5f6aaf3f3e8d35503013059675.jpg

On 11/29/2023 at 8:37 PM, VintageComics said:

Thank you. I did a little digging around and found them entirely unreadable and unusable. I liked the old format. 

I was going to start a Journal but probably not at this point. 

Which, really should be a big disappointment for EVERYONE because I could have written all sorts of shizzle out there that nobody would have to read, so now I guess you're all stuck with me here. :devil:

hqdefault.jpg.b72bdb5f6aaf3f3e8d35503013059675.jpg

Joking aside they could be really good. A tweak here and there, and I'm sure that you'd grow to like them and appreciate what they offer. There are some really useful software components hiding in there. A missed opportunity all round.