• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action 1 page. 63k !
2 2

35 posts in this topic

On 11/19/2023 at 1:31 PM, Dark Knight said:

Insane price. It appears to be a FOMO win if you ask me.

Yes… But also just looked at GPA the page sold for 25.5k in 2018.  Many books have doubled and tripled during the same timespan

Also no superman pages nor non superman pages available according to GPA

people seem to hold them.

On 11/19/2023 at 3:41 PM, waaaghboss said:

Coverless copy went for a bit mote a few years ago 😳 

Screenshot_20231119-123050_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0da51f7afe875d8a50c3bcb070d54d93.jpg

Batman 1, Tec33, etc are 3x from 2016… 7 years ago. Way before covid.

S&P and Nasadaq

Amazon, Google, Tesla 10x

Edited by zen514

On 11/19/2023 at 10:44 AM, zen514 said:

Yes… But also just looked at GPA the page sold for 25.5k in 2018.  Many books have doubled and tripled during the same timespan

Also no superman pages nor non superman pages available according to GPA

people seem to hold them.

This sale happened on eBay not long ago in September. It was actually an impressive sale for a non Superman/non Zatara page. About 2X-3X what that kind of page used to go for.

IMG_1157.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 11/19/2023 at 10:31 AM, Dark Knight said:

You know I actually think it makes sense, impressive and nuts, but not that insane. I mean considering what the .5 went for, what a coverless was selling for several years ago and is likely worth now. If any page was going to do a number like this, it would be this page, or page 5.

On 11/19/2023 at 3:10 PM, LDarkseid1 said:
On 11/19/2023 at 10:31 AM, Dark Knight said:

You know I actually think it makes sense, impressive and nuts, but not that insane. I mean considering what the .5 went for, what a coverless was selling for several years ago and is likely worth now. If any page was going to do a number like this, it would be this page, or page 5.

Agreed that this page is the page to own because of its importance. Not sure what kind of content is in page 5, but I also think that the one page where it shows Superman holding up the car exactly like the front cover is pretty iconic.  The last complete coverless copy (CGC NG) sold earlier this year for $126k. So it's either that complete coverless sold too cheap or this single page sold for too much.  That single page is severely brittled too as you can see.  I'd probably pay $20k tops for it in that condition (most likely I wouldn't even if I needed/wanted it), but that's just me.

On 11/19/2023 at 5:22 PM, Dark Knight said:

Agreed that this page is the page to own because of its importance. Not sure what kind of content is in page 5, but I also think that the one page where it shows Superman holding up the car exactly like the front cover is pretty iconic.  The last complete coverless copy (CGC NG) sold earlier this year for $126k. So it's either that complete coverless sold too cheap or this single page sold for too much.  That single page is severely brittled too as you can see.  I'd probably pay $20k tops for it in that condition (most likely I wouldn't even if I needed/wanted it), but that's just me.

Who was the seller of the CGC NG earlier this year for $126k?

On 11/19/2023 at 3:26 PM, Superman2006 said:
On 11/19/2023 at 3:22 PM, Dark Knight said:

ComicConnect auction

On 11/19/2023 at 3:26 PM, Superman2006 said:

ComicConnect auction

Screenshot (77).png

Edited by Dark Knight

On 11/19/2023 at 5:16 PM, Corvonie said:

I always assume ppl buy those pages to complete an incomplete copy.  Esp with a book like action 1, restoration doesn’t seem to make much difference in the astronomic pricing. 

I collect slabbed pages so I/others can actually see the sentinel moments in a character's storyline.  I personally prefer this over seeing the cover of a comic.

From what I’ve gathered the page quality seems to hold little matter with Action 1 Supes pages. I mean as long as the story is there it sells as strong as any other page. Page 5 is the one that has the cover in a panel. Last time it sold it went for more than page 1. So no telling what it would go for now. As far as the $126K sale, I’m leaning towards that undersold. I mean the conservation may have affected it, but tough to know. The fact it was missing the centerfold definitely didn’t help. But the Supes pages being there was definitely the most important. And actual parts from the cover.

Edited by LDarkseid1