• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action 1 page. 63k !
2 2

35 posts in this topic

The price was not a shocker if not for the brittle page designation. Wonder how much a coverless complete Action 1 or Tec 27 with brittle pages go for now. Rarity is definitely a factor especially as those who can afford to pay are probably not going to let it go. I for one am glad that brittle pages are not the poisoned chalice it once was. 

On 11/19/2023 at 6:02 PM, Grendel72 said:

The price was not a shocker if not for the brittle page designation. Wonder how much a coverless complete Action 1 or Tec 27 with brittle pages go for now. Rarity is definitely a factor especially as those who can afford to pay are probably not going to let it go. I for one am glad that brittle pages are not the poisoned chalice it once was. 

I think if the book as a whole sold and had brittle pages there would be more of an effect on the potential price. With single pages, I mean just being a page and being able to see it completely, seems to be less of an issue. I was shocked by the sale, but only in how Action 1 never ceases to amaze! Whether it’s the #1 from the cover cut out or single pages, just unbelievable what they go for.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 11/19/2023 at 7:18 PM, action1kid said:

Seller has a very low rating.   Not legit?

Maybe, who knows. I love how they reference the Overstreet guide in the description and that a 2.0 is valued at $347K 🤣. They must not be well versed in the comic market, because they would be better off showing the .5 that sold for more.

On 11/19/2023 at 9:01 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

From what I’ve gathered the page quality seems to hold little matter with Action 1 Supes pages. I mean as long as the story is there it sells as strong as any other page. Page 5 is the one that has the cover in a panel. Last time it sold it went for more than page 1. So no telling what it would go for now. As far as the $126K sale, I’m leaning towards that undersold. I mean the conservation may have affected it, but tough to know. The fact it was missing the centerfold definitely didn’t help. But the Supes pages being there was definitely the most important. And actual parts from the cover.

It went for cheap. But also factor in that if you noticed that no centerfold pages of Action Comics 1 have been on the gpa nor to sold since no graded. 

The only centerfold that sold i know of is 38k  in 2018!!   So add and 40k to 126k  

166k  is what a coverless copy should shell for.   Still sold for cheap since it has pieces of the original cover. I think buyers would like to see the page quality,stains etc. Have a that repro cover with the superman pieces wasnt the best idea.

Complete coverless that presents well:

Tec 27 150k  cream off white

Action 1  175k   cream off white 

On 11/24/2023 at 5:41 AM, zen514 said:

It went for cheap. But also factor in that if you noticed that no centerfold pages of Action Comics 1 have been on the gpa nor to sold since no graded. 

The only centerfold that sold i know of is 38k  in 2018!!   So add and 40k to 126k  

166k  is what a coverless copy should shell for.   Still sold for cheap since it has pieces of the original cover. I think buyers would like to see the page quality,stains etc. Have a that repro cover with the superman pieces wasnt the best idea.

Would it make more sense at that price point (126K) to just hack apart the book and grade the pages indvidually? If you have two pages that are going to sell for over $100K combined plus a min of 2-3K each for the remaining pages (more for Zatara/Supes pages) .... I mean I would never do that as it just seems fundamentally wrong but from fiscal perspective it makes a lot more sense. 

Edited by Ian Winner
Grammer Mistake

On 11/24/2023 at 5:41 AM, zen514 said:

I actually think a beautifully presenting coverless Action 1 with nice page quality and no stupid repro cover breaks $200K.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 11/24/2023 at 4:25 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

I actually think a beautifully presenting coverless Action 1 with nice page quality and no stupid repro cover breaks $200K.

I would agree with the fugly  0.5 no back cover sold at Ha.com for 400k in september. That would helped the reprover  missing the centerfold  pages  sell around 170k ish which earlier in march.

Edited by zen514