• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 Official Holiday Raffle Thread
8 8

1,174 posts in this topic

On 12/25/2023 at 9:45 AM, Ares said:

Silly Question but what happens when our turn comes and as a foreigner all we have left are those who wont ship outside USA

Someone might decide to help out in that situation.

That someone might be me.

On 12/25/2023 at 9:45 AM, Ares said:

Silly Question but what happens when our turn comes and as a foreigner all we have left are those who wont ship outside USA

I had the same question a few years back when I did this, but with about a third to half of the entries being ok with shipping to my area (canada), then it works out. But if you are in the UK or in Asia, and picked in the bottom half, then it could become an issue. But so far people have always come through, even if it's a gift card or pay pal card.

On 12/25/2023 at 8:45 AM, Ares said:

I generally ship to Canada on my dime; but will not lie on customs forms. This usually dissuades people from outside the US who do not want to pay tax; so I will offer an amazon/local store gift card when contacted. If worst comes to worst and you are at the bottom with no one left who wants to ship let us know and there are people who will step in to assist.

On 12/26/2023 at 2:27 AM, DougC said:

I generally ship to Canada on my dime; but will not lie on customs forms. This usually dissuades people from outside the US who do not want to pay tax; so I will offer an amazon/local store gift card when contacted. If worst comes to worst and you are at the bottom with no one left who wants to ship let us know and there are people who will step in to assist.

I was thinking about this earlier, Has anyone tried to facilitate the shipping through ebay? They make international shipping so easy. Maybe a low price bin or something?

Not sure if it's to be expected already, but I think it would be a good idea to send every participant a reminder on the night before the live draw, since people can get busy and forget. @The Sledder

On a side note, for the one who wins my Tom & Jerry lot, you might have to wait a little into January. My comic shipments from the U.S.A. are lagging behind a little due to the Christmas holiday rush and all. But rest assured, I will ship out my gift as promised :)

On 12/26/2023 at 2:27 AM, DougC said:

It's too bad that the customs form does not have a gift option. The ones shipping from Canada do. That would help out because these are all indeed gifts.

On 12/26/2023 at 9:53 AM, wombat said:

I don't even start think about putting my mystery box together until after the raffle. I'm not setting any speed records. 

I'm trying to imagine a world where every single person offered a mystery box. Would that be a hit?  hm