• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well, it only took 25 years... Minor Grail Set complete
1 1

23 posts in this topic

On 11/23/2023 at 8:36 AM, davidpg said:

Totally disagree here!  The Brood Saga was one of the best storylines overall in the X-Men and in the 80s overall!  Funny as well that in all the X-'en discussion threads over the years, it's been unulateral that UXM jumped the shark with 176...it was never as good after that and most longtine readers say the same thing if asked the question.

2c

#176 was the cliff.  I was generally disappointed with #175, and felt that whole Jason Wyngarde story to be a big nothing-burger. I also felt that the Paul Smith run, in retrospect heralded a lot of bad 80's fashion that only got worse with JRjr and why I quit X-Men for a few years until Silvestri/Green.  I"d peg #167, the return from space to earth and meeting the New Mutants  to be the true leveling of the run before the onset of diminishing returns. It's the perfect jumping off point and my nostalgia for the run thereon is almost non-existent. 

On 12/6/2023 at 3:18 AM, MyNameIsLegion said:

I"d peg #167, the return from space to earth and meeting the New Mutants  to be the true leveling of the run before the onset of diminishing returns. It's the perfect jumping off point and my nostalgia for the run thereon is almost non-existent. 

Yep, I'd been reading UXM since 1982 and for me the title pretty much doesn't even exist for me after 175.  So funny how that went.