• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Runs!
1 1

25 posts in this topic

At one point, I was a few later issues of X-Men away from a complete SA Marvel superhero collection. What remains is 

Fantastic Four (all)

JIM/Thor (83 thru Simonson)

TOS/Cap (58-Kirby’s 2nd run)

Strange Tales (101 thru Ditko’s run)

Two-Fisted Tales (all)

Plop! (all), a bunch of other weird stuff, and micro-runs like ASM 1-4.

Currently working on runs of Marvel Tales and MCIC so I still have readers after I sell the originals.

From the cartoon collector side of the ring:

I finished collecting the entire Chip 'n' Dale series earlier this week, and am now in the midst of collecting Tom & Jerry.

Many issues are still in the mail, so I haven't taken any photos yet.

On 11/22/2023 at 3:53 PM, Silver said:

Since I collect predominantly runs of books, I am kind of curious which SA runs you guys have completed and which ones your working on? I finished Superboy and Brave and the Bold, and am still working on Sugar and Spike (that one is impossible). Have some Adventure, and Actions I would like to get, and am always upgrading. I started buying Three Mouseketeers but that one is more crazy than Sugar and Spike.  

I almost read that as Two Mouseketeers/Mouse Musketeers, lol. Since I've been collecting that as well (since they are Tom & Jerry).

On 11/22/2023 at 3:53 PM, Silver said:

Since I collect predominantly runs of books, I am kind of curious which SA runs you guys have completed and which ones your working on? I finished Superboy and Brave and the Bold, and am still working on Sugar and Spike (that one is impossible). Have some Adventure, and Actions I would like to get, and am always upgrading. I started buying Three Mouseketeers but that one is more crazy than Sugar and Spike.  

Just came across this, which you might be interested in: sugar and spike | eBay

On 11/28/2023 at 3:15 PM, Math Teacher said:

My runs include:
Amazing Spider-Man #1 - #400, plus Amazing Fantasy #15 and Annuals #1 - #5.
Fantastic Four #1 - #300, plus Annuals #1 - #6.
Daredevil #1 - #200, plus Annuals #1 and #4.
Atom #1 - #45, plus Showcase #34 - #36.
Hawkman #1 - #27 (minus #25), plus Brave and the Bold #34 - #36 and #42 - #44.
Metal Men #1 - #56, plus Showcase #37 - #40.

These probably really don't count as runs, but I also have these:
Avengers #1 - #16.
Incredible Hulk #1 - #6.
Journey into Mystery #83 - #92, plus a few additional issues.
Sgt. Fury #1 - #10.
Strange Tales #101 - #110, plus a few additional issues.
Tales of Suspense #39 - #49, plus a few additional issues.
Tales to Astonish #27, #35 - #44, plus a few additional issues.
X-Men #1 - #16.
Brave and the Bold #2 - #24.
Flash - All the first appearances of the SA villains, along with SA Trickster covers, plus Showcase #4, #8, #13, and #14.

I am currently working on obtaining slabbed copies of Justice League of America #1 - #14, to go along with my Brave and the Bold #28 - #30.

As for single issues, I would like to obtain a copy of Detective Comics #140 (first Riddler), Batman #171 and Batman #232, Giant-Size X-Men #1, and Incredible Hulk #181. The last three issues are replacement copies for books that I sold to help finance the purchase of Amazing Fantasy #15 and Showcase #4.

Very impressive!