• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This place used to be so lively...what happened?
9 9

600 posts in this topic

On 11/26/2023 at 4:35 PM, ThothAmon said:

Verbal diarrhea. 

There is a multifaceted movement that is quite literally trying to prove that STEM is verbal diarrhea.

I'll stick to the STEM. You can stick to the movement. 

On 11/26/2023 at 4:54 PM, Cat said:
On 11/26/2023 at 4:51 PM, VintageComics said:

1) Because many think only through political lenses secretly, but because we can't argue politics they then argue in proxy to hide it. Everyone knows when that's happening. 

Physician, heal thyself! 

My family were quite hard core cultists (they still are).

They were the most hard core pacifists you'd ever known. Some were (literally) tortured and persecuted for their beliefs, yet under life threatening duress they never gave into their beliefs. They raised me to believe that way, which is why I don't budge unless you can convince me logically.

We were taught that we were "not of the world" as many hardcore Christians are taught. and so because of this, I was against all politics my entire life. I think I'm actually incapable of being tribal the way people most of you are. 

I'm so non-ribal that I even disavowed myself from my blood family about 20 years ago over their beliefs, because I felt they were wrong. 

So to ascribe me to another "cult" is plain ridiculous. I'm a lone wolf as far as beliefs go, and will never belong to any tribe. I'm ruled by logic and right and wrong.

And to think someone will convince me of an argument just by calling me names? It literally doesn't make a blip on my radar. It actually proves my point to me. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 11/26/2023 at 5:08 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

As an example of, "This is how you make things better" -- I live in the New Orleans area.  I'm likely going to the Comic-Con that'll be here in January.  I mentioned to Straw-Man (who's relatively local) that if he ended up going to the show, I'd love to meet up in person and say hello.  If any other boardies are going to be here for the show, PM me -- maybe we can get together as a group and grab a lunch or a dinner over that weekend.  Just a thought.

When I was in NOLA a few years ago, I actually met with @ChiSoxFan in New Orleans. (thumbsu

NOLA is a bit out of the way, and the convention is hit or miss - it's been decent some years, but the city is an incredible thing to visit and a lot of dealers from all over would go to NOLA just to be able to pass through. I'd highly recommend the city if someone can make it happen. It's quite literally unlike anything else in America.

The city has a depth and earth energy to it that is inexplicable unless you experience it yourself. 

On 11/26/2023 at 5:51 PM, skypinkblu said:

I'm still  trying to figure out why this thread  is in CG? 

Agreed!!!

@VintageComics when i yearn for the past, I go to this site to calm myself https://www.classicdosgames.com/ - seriously no kidding I do! "a very simple web site about a very simple time" "Even if it were anything but"

P.S. Folks, whats the current over-under on this thread leading to either 1) another temp banning 2) Permanent ban, for Vintage

Edited by MAR1979

On 11/26/2023 at 5:55 PM, MAR1979 said:
On 11/26/2023 at 5:51 PM, skypinkblu said:

I'm still  trying to figure out why this thread  is in CG? 

Agreed!!!

The two of you are trying to figure out why a thread asking why traffic is down in Comics General was posted in Comics General?

Where should a question about Comics General be asked?

In the Marketplace? ???

On 11/26/2023 at 6:25 PM, skypinkblu said:

Well, that's my point...if someone is banned from the water cooler, why try turning CG into the water cooler?  

This thread was a discussion about the COMIC FORUMS.

The Friday threads, the drinking threads, the marketplace sales threads that went all night, the Cornfield thread and all the friendly banter that used to happen that we discussed in this thread happened in the COMIC FORUMS. None of those things ever happened in the WC.

What on earth made you think it was about the Water Cooler?

You were the first to mention the WC in 14 pages. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 11/26/2023 at 6:27 PM, VintageComics said:

The two of you are trying to figure out why a thread asking why traffic is down in Comics General was posted in Comics General?

Where should a question about Comics General be asked?

In the Marketplace? ???

It's not about comic books, it's kind of a personal thing, isn't it? Especially when you start talking about YOU causing the traffic...I just figured that if you were banned from the water cooler by our hosts, maybe you should respect their rules?

First of all, it's kind of a negative against our hosts...are they perfect? No one is, but I'm here because they host the site so I try to be respectful...I am happy that they host the site.

I'm not sure anyone else posts these constant threads about the forums being an issue...maybe I missed them if they did.