• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your KRACKED out & LIBERATED Gold Books (RELEASE THE KRAKEN)
4 4

OPERATION CRACK: SHOW YOUR LIBERATED BOOKS  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to crack out books and do weird stuff with them, like smell 'em?

• YES. I like cracking out books now and again, just for the 'craic'
    • NO. I never crack and prefer my crack strictly in the pipe.

49 posts in this topic

It normally takes me a couple of minutes to crack out a slab safely and efficiently with no drama.

This is the first one I've done ever that was not CGC and it was a bear to get into. It took me at least 10 minutes to defeat it and liberate the book inside.

d.jpg

DSCN5800.JPG

DSCN5801.JPG

DSCN5802.JPG

DSCN5803.JPG

DSCN5805.JPG

DSCN5806.JPG

DSCN5807.JPG

Edited by Paul (GG) © ® ™⚽️💙

On 11/26/2023 at 1:54 PM, Point Five said:

Finally, any .5 slabbed book missing its centerfold is an automatic crack-out. This is a really nice book other than that flaw.

I decided to liberate my UNSEEN #10.

I'm so glad I did. Wanted to enjoy the book and got a nice surprise. The label says Page 16 missing....what it doesn't say is that it's the final ad page before the back cover and does not affect any art or stories....so I can enjoy the book properly now.

If you have to have a page missing on a great issue like this, let it be an ad page.  :cloud9:

DSCN5901.JPG

DSCN5902.JPG

DSCN5905.JPG

DSCN5906.JPG

DSCN5907.JPG

DSCN5909.JPG

DSCN5910.JPG

DSCN5911.JPG

I don't deslab anything slabbed. As @october mentioned its expensive. And if I ever sell to upgrade, it's harder to sell the raw book,  even with a label. 

That said, I do find myself looking buying raws more and more. I buy a lot of Atomic age horror and Science fiction.  Over the years I've filled up a few short boxes and I really enjoy flipping through those boxes and looking through all the cool covers. 

This came in yesterday. Got this book dirt cheap and it's been graded by an evil Harry Potter.

Really pleased with the structure and contents of the book. It's solid and has lovely interiors. Only a 3.0 but well worth it's grade. Will be read and enjoyed.  :cloud9:

g.jpg.e5ef9ca3ca9206ccd7274635b0e8be6c.jpg

h.jpg.147b98d6ac57eb4cc6be02b21e3d4800.jpg

DSCN5958.JPG

DSCN5960.JPG

DSCN5961.JPG

DSCN5964.JPG

DSCN5965.JPG

DSCN5967.JPG

DSCN5969.JPG

DSCN5970.JPG

Am expecting a couple of humble shipments of crack in the coming weeks....meanwhile here are a summary of the books I've cracked out since this thread started.

DSCN6055.JPG

DSCN6064.JPG

This new pickup was a bear to crack out. The outer shell was no problem, but the inner well was *super super tight* to every edge of the book, more so than any slab I can remember. Anyway. Out it goes!

bat12.thumb.jpg.8bca27ac9c49f04be4db941862d70308.jpg